Forums Latest Members

Need advice: Strap for Dark Side of the Moon

1. elliptic May 7, 2018

I need some advice from friends here.

I have had a DSOTM (31192445101003) for about a year now, and I am thinking about switching to a new strap. The main reason is that it is getting hot here in NYC and the leather strap does not seem to work too well with all the sweat. Also my work involves using a lot of chalk and blackboard so my watch often gets dusty...It is not too easy to clean the leather strap.

The NATO straps seem the obvious choice since I assume they can be washed. Yet the problem is that they will block the view of the back of the watch, which is a huge no no for me...

So any advice? I'd very much like something coming from Omega, but also open to other options.

Thanks in advance.

2. amanson May 7, 2018

If you like the look of a NATO, have you considered a two-piece NATO? They are not NATOs in the traditional sense, but have that look and will still show the caseback.

10mmauto likes this.
  3. Bushido May 7, 2018

Do you have the nylon fabric strap on your DSOTM which is the standard for this model? Or, do you have the watch mounted on the all leather strap which typically comes on the Pitch Black version?

If you do not yet have the OEM nylon fabric strap, that's your answer. I have it mounted on mine and it's super comfortable and stays nice and cool on the wrist. I also own the OEM black NATO which I really like but completely understand how it blocks the display back.

4. elliptic May 7, 2018

Yes I do have the nylon fabric strap...I switched to leather a few months ago. It might be a good idea to switch back. But there being an inner coating of leather, the nylon fabric strap is not too easy to clean either...But thanks for your reply.