Forums Latest Members
  1. ReturnOfUltraman Sep 24, 2015

Hey everyone,

This is my first post and I'm very, very glad to be a part of such a great community. I was hoping some kind users can authenticate this 105.003 I recently stumbled upon on eBay.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...SS-MENS-WATCH-/271991811759?hash=item3f53f9aePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thank you guys very much in advance, and I look forward to reading some feedback.

Edited Mar 3, 2016
  2. LawBrk Sep 24, 2015

I have just begun my knowledge of Speedys pretty recently and I have some conclusions but I don't want to steer you wrong with my still novice eye. But you can check out Speedmaster101.com for a checklist of sorts and a ton more knowledge about price and originality and whatnot.

3. Davidt Sep 24, 2015

Hi Les

Everything looks correct here, however it looks somewhat tired. The lume appears to be absent from much of the dial and what's left has an undesirable green colour. I'd wager that this is a well used watch that seen some hammer and had a banged up case, which has since been polished. You can see significant wear still behind the lugs.

Then again the movement looks ok and while the bezel has wear, I like the look of it. It's probably the best aspect if the watch.

It won't win any awards but it is correct and looks better than some that have come around lately. Six months ago I would have said the price was ridiculous, but they're on the move and it's hard to pin them down to a price right now.

What do you think to it overall?

hugo likes this.
  4. Davidt Sep 24, 2015

It's worthwhile taking time to familiarise yourself with other examples. Spend some time going through the sales listing on this forum. Even the ones that have sold. They can still give you an idea of prices and condition etc.

Some of the best advice ive heard is a) patience and b) it's better to overpay for a good example, than underpay for a poor one. Unfotunately I can't remember who said this, but it was someone from this forum and it really is great advice.

tpatta and ReturnOfUltraman like this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 24, 2015

David has covered the salient points. If you do decide to go after it, make an offer, don't Buy It Now. if you could get it for $4K-$4.5K, that would be an OK price i think. Good enough for wear. It'll never really be a collector's piece, but if you're looking for something to wear, it doesn't have to be.

6. abrod520 Sep 24, 2015

Looks to me like the crown has the wrong (later) logo on it, and the pushers look like they stick out a bit too far... I am also not an expert, but those two things caught my eye considering this is a straight-lug Speedmaster.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 24, 2015

there's a couple for sale in the FS section of this forum, but they're a little more than $6K - not much more, but they are quite a bit nicer.