Forums Latest Members
  1. ThatMansMustache Sep 19, 2014

Greetings! Short-time lurker, first time poster. A Vintage Seamaster DeVille Automatic is up for sale on a local online auction site. They provided a couple of low-res pics and there will be no preview. They also state it is in working condition. I can contact the auctioneer for more information, but am not sure what to ask. That's what led me here. I own two Tag Heuers now, and would really like a vintage Omega. So my question is, looking at these two crappy photos, does this watch look legit. And if so, how much would YOU feel comfortable bidding? This auction ends on the 25th, and the current bid is $105. I appreciate any and all answers, even smart ones!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Sep 19, 2014

By looking at the case back, I think it is powered by a 570, a smaller movement and not as good as 55X,

$300 max bid I guess.

3. ThatMansMustache Sep 19, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply! Not being able to inspect in-person, or take a peek at the movement makes me hesitant. Your advice gives me more information. Much appreciated!

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 19, 2014

This is a mid-size only 31.4-mm, caliber 670.

5. Hotwheelbill Sep 19, 2014

I can not give any advise on the watch other than, I have some 30-32 mm dial size watches and do not plan to buy any more. The more I look and buy, the more I like a little larger watch. JMO.