Forums Latest Members
  1. JosB Apr 19, 2015

Dear Omega Forum members

Since quite some time i am looking at Omega Constallation Pie Pan watches. I love the dail and the classic look.

Since a few weeks I encountered a watch with I really liked and looked very good on the outside.

When ik requested to sent me a picture of the inner back to check the serial number. I saw that it was not there. The watch is from Spain and I was informed that this watch was a national production. I never heard of it an I am wondering if it's a real Omega which is worthwhile..

I would realy apprieciate and be honered to receive some advice from you experts.

Many thanks JosB

case back and movement.jpg case back.jpg
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 19, 2015

It's real, but the case is not Swiss - it was made in the country of sale. That's waht national production refers to. These tend to be worth less than Swiss cases. How much less depends on which country it was produced in (and personal preference). South American cases are highly suspect because irregularities in production put the gold content in question. Cases from the United States and France are marked down only a little. I can't identify teh country of production of this case, and I haven't run into Spanish national production in the past, but perhaps one of the Omega experts knows.

3. JosB Apr 21, 2015

Dear Lous

Thanks for this information. Interesting. Makes the watch more interesting as well. I hope some of the experts recognize the hallmark or can provide more info on national production in Spain.

Many Thanks much appreciated!

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 21, 2015

I have seen this type of hallmark before, but never on a Constellation. Can you show a picture of the medallion on the back?

Also, the Omega in the triangle looks odd to me. Never seen that license mark before.

I would be very wary of this one.
    gatorcpa

5. JosB Apr 21, 2015

See here the case back outer side

[​IMG]

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 21, 2015

Case back looks correct to me.

This has me stumped. If it tests out as gold, then it's certainly plausible it's either Spanish or South American.

gatorcpa

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 21, 2015

Are those black marks on the case back just dirt? Kind of looks like scratches on my iPhone. Can you take macro shots of the inside and out of the caseback

EDIT: Just noticed you don't actually have the watch, so scratch that request.

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 21, 2015

we don't have a shot of the dial yet?