Forums Latest Members

Nasa to launch first crewed mission from US in decade, Opening the doors again

1. Burnt Jun 4, 2020

Tonight’s launch (actually, last night’s launch now).
    Ignition is at around 35 seconds in. It was cloudy and rainy most of the day but the closer to the launch window we got the more agreeable the weather conditions became. While it was beautiful to see the sky light up at around the the 37 second mark, the vehicle disappeared pretty quickly into the low cloud cover. Still, I kept recording when there was nothing more to see so you could hear the sound arriving at around the 2:15 mark (best appreciated at max volume through your car’s Bluetooth connection!). Pretty good Wednesday night.

split-time, Omegafanman and duc like this.
  2. Stripey Jun 4, 2020

Nooooo!

larryganz likes this.
  3. Walrus Aug 2, 2020

So splash down today anyone preparing to watch it.

Omegafanman likes this.
  4. Stripey Aug 2, 2020

I didn't know, but I am now - thank you!

Walrus likes this.
  5. Walrus Aug 2, 2020

I forgot myself I just saw clips of an interview with musk he said in many ways the return is more difficult than everything they have done on the mission. He had a concerned look on his face saying these guys life’s depend on everything going perfect. I imaging passing through that 3,000 degrees f is a tough part

6. Walrus Aug 2, 2020

FYI WaPo has a live link on YouTube although I’m sure there are a bunch of links around

7. Walrus Aug 2, 2020

Splash down successful !!!!!!!!!!

Omegafanman likes this.
  8. Stripey Aug 2, 2020

That was incredible to watch - the western world is back. :D

Walrus likes this.
  9. Omegafanman Aug 3, 2020

Traveling a lot the weekend …. So, missed it all / only catching up tonight. Nice to see an X33 on hand for the Deorbit burn....
    Always a bit heart stopping waiting to see Drogues deploy ok at 400mph and so evocative / emotional to see a splash down again under four good chutes (one up on the Apollo three). Some nice bracelets at the landing press conference as well…
    Great to see such a successful mission safely completed…..hopefully the start of a new chapter…

01 Deorbit burn.jpg 02 Drougues.jpg 03 Splash down.jpg 04 Press.jpg 05 Press.jpg
    SpeedyPhill, duc and vbrad26 like this.
  10. vbrad26 Aug 3, 2020

It is an exciting time for spaceflight!
    There is just so much to look forward to.
    I loved watching the shuttle missions growing up and now my kids will get to see some even better stuff!

Omegafanman and duc like this.
  11. Omegafanman Aug 5, 2020

I saw this advert on the London Underground yesterday which I thought was a nice image for the teamwork these endeavours take. A point clearly not lost on the Dragon crew at the press conference. I also like this shot of the ISS - hard to truly appreciate that achievement (technically and politically) Star Wars eat your heart out...

Team work.jpg ISS.jpg 71O1Qrs5+wL._AC_SY606_.jpg
    SpeedyPhill likes this.