Forums Latest Members
  1. KenM Nov 22, 2014

I found this Omega (in the box) going through my late mother-in-law's house. Model D6672 movement number 16223722. I've not seen one online (on eBay or elsewhere). Does anyone have any details about this watch, including recommendations for a place to have it repaired, as it does not work. The condition is incredible. Thanks!

IMG_6404.JPG IMG_6405.JPG IMG_6406.JPG IMG_6407.JPG IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6410.JPG
    boat2dan likes this.
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Nov 22, 2014

Lovely 'ultra-thin' dress watch with nicely woven bracelet. Model number is as you identified, D6627DR. Produced in the mid-sixties and locally cased in the US, the case houses a hand-wind calibre 620. Robust little movement that was used a lot in jewellery and dress watches.

Case diameter is probably around 33 mm and is in remarkably good condition aesthetically. Quite a lot of gold in the case and bracelet - 14/24th pure. Original box makes it an even more attractive heirloom.

We're currently going through a 'Tool watch' phase where case size is often greater in area than Puerto Rico, but that is beginning to change as the pendulum slowly swings the other way and gold makes a comeback in dress watches. In the meantime, the lady of the house could wear it with ease.

It's worth considering having the movement dis-assembled, cleaned and oiled if you intend to have the watch ticking away.

3. KenM Nov 22, 2014

That's great information! Thanks very much. Do you have any thoughts on what it might cost to perform the service you suggest?

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 22, 2014

A few hundred for a full service and most competent watchmakers will be able to clean and service movement.
    Let us know where you live (country or state) and someone will suggest a good jeweler

5. KenM Nov 22, 2014

I'm in Maryland just outside of Washington, DC. Thanks so much.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 22, 2014

Box and the lot makes it that bit more special.

7. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Nov 22, 2014

A google or yellow pages search of independent watchmakers in Washington DC and surrounds who have worked their way around vintage Omegas should throw up a few good operators. Avoid jewellers as they onsend and take a mark-up, and also official Omega service agents because they will want to send to Switzerland for a costly and often not sympathetic restoration.