Forums Latest Members

My wife took part in turning swatch group into a monster and all I got was this crummy t-shirt

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 8, 2014

Was anyone else involved in this debacle and receive your 30 pieces of silver, er, I mean: Deal Gift!

?

hopefully somebody knows what I'm babbling on about...

image.jpg
  2. cristos71 Apr 8, 2014

Wow, great gift..not!

I did have a business account with ABNAmro for 10 years who then got sold to Deutsche Bank, this involved months of administrative upheavel and after being with DB for 18 months or so they told us and many other (small) Dutch business customers they didn´t want us anymore and we had to find another new bank.
    The reason was we were deemed too small with a turnover under 10 million and they only wanted customers who fit the 10 million and over profile...
    Thanks for nothing A&$#holes!

watchme and citizenrich like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 8, 2014

Where's a pic of the T shirt?

Pics or it's bullshit!

;)

citizenrich likes this.
  4. Mathlar Apr 8, 2014

Coincidentally I found my own piece of Swatch haute horologie in a drawer yesterday when packing some stuff in preparation for a house move...

Nothing to do with DB or The Swatch Group Ltd; it's a relic of my early teenage years and the nasty watch fashions of the late 80s/early 90s...

May I present, complete with box and papers, the Pop Swatch:

WP_20140408_11_13_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20140408_11_14_06_Pro.jpg

On the case size, it's pushing 47mm which is almost in U Boat territory and far bigger than I'd wear today!

Edit: Even more shocking than the watch itself is the discovery that these things are not only alive and well on Ebay but there's an active market for them, by the look of it!

Tritium and citizenrich like this.
  5. woodwkr2 Apr 8, 2014

I think the lucite tombstone deal announcements would be more appropriate.

Though I guess you just got your crappy lucite in a different form...

6. Waynepjr Apr 24, 2014

Before my Parkinson's days, I worked for the Post Office for 23 years here in Fl. Around '92 I was a Window Clerk in Orlando and we had this guy coming in ever day mailing of these funny little watches all over the world. Yup, Swatch watches of all types and I was like, " Where in the heck is this guy getting these this things"? Come to find out he had gotten in to collecting them when they first came out and became the #1 authority and collector of Swatches in the world and they had made him a millionaire several times over. Swatch would fly him to Switzerland a couple times a year for watch shows and events.
    Lost track of him but did he ever hit it big with those flipping things. "And to believe, we were sitting next to a millionaire!!"

Wayne