Forums Latest Members
  1. Honza Nov 20, 2017

Hi Guys,

My omega got an issue...it does work however when I shake it I get a metal sound hitting something in the watch. if the watch runs but makes sounds, I assume I should service it. If I decide to service, is here somebody who would be willing to do it? Just trying to figure out my options. Omega Schumacher.jpg

2. WYO_Watch Nov 21, 2017

Definitely stop shaking it...

Could be a number of things rattling around in your movement (my guess a screw?), but regardless what it is - it could be or is currently causing damage.

Take it to a jeweler or get the back popped off yourself to see what’s going on. I believe your watch has a single use gasket, so it will no longer be water proof when you put it back together, but that’s likely better than a lose movement screw playing a game of ping-pong. If you don’t know when it was serviced last or it hasn’t been for a while, it’s probably best to get it done.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 21, 2017

Service it.

4. Canuck Nov 21, 2017

Looks like you have two options. Put it in your sock drawer, or have it serviced. Your decision might be easier to make if you had it looked at. It looks to me like a Speedmaster reduced, and not a lot of shops like to work on that model. Let us know hat you decide to do.

5. COYI Nov 21, 2017

I would pull the crown out to stop the movement. @Archer is a very experienced watchmaker who contributes to this forum. If you want it fixed and serviced you could get in touch with him. I think he is based in Canada.

Edited Nov 21, 2017
  6. Honza Nov 21, 2017

Yes, I will try to get the back popped off.

It will be one of the two options;)

Will reach out to him. Thank you

7. WYO_Watch Nov 21, 2017

8. Honza Nov 21, 2017

Thanks, will update to will need service if I decide to sell it. Thank you for the guidance.

9. Honza Nov 21, 2017

Here is an update, I talked to the person who sold me the watch and he is going to take it back. Thank you all for the feetback.

WYO_Watch likes this.