Forums Latest Members

My TinTin Broke. Where to get it serviced?

1. Shibata Feb 3, 2021

After winding my TinTin I went to pull out the crown to set the time and the crown pulled all the way out. Realizing that something was wrong I stopped before it was fully removed from the watch and pushed it back in. Now when all the way in it moves the hands when tuned and doesn't wind the watch. I stopped by my Local Omega Boutique to inquire about service. They said a full service is $700 plus the repair. I have no problem with the cost, but I am a bit concerned about dropping it off and having them ship it out for service. I have heard stories of them polishing cases and replacing parts on watched (not sure if that is just on vintage stuff) and want to make sure they just do a service and fix and don't mess with any cosmetic stuff. My other option is to bring it to an independent watch repair place. I am in NY and have heard that Grand Central watch is very good. What is the consensus on having omega do the repair vs. and independent watch maker? I am gutted that it is broken and want to do the right thing on the repair.
    Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

2. VickMacky Feb 3, 2021

3. TDBK Feb 3, 2021

They'll do a good job, they're probably more expensive than Omega. For a watch as new as a Tintin, going to Omega isn't as big of a risk as it is with something vintage.

4. Shibata Feb 4, 2021

Thank you guy's. I appreciate the advice.
    I like the idea of dropping it off to a location where the work will be done rather than having it shipped out for service. This is the one watch in my collection that has lots sentimental value to me. My wife bought it for me for my 50th and it was my first luxury watch. If I do bring it to Omage I am going to be a wreck until I get it back.

Darlinboy likes this.