Forums Latest Members
  1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 20, 2013

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eve, Shabbaz, Lukeeesteve and 17 others like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 20, 2013

I've heard about the Flightmaster, and seen a few others, the white one though is something else entirely, what's the story behind that?

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 20, 2013

Few made for Canadian market. Some discussion on variance particularly regarding cases - long discussion in Purists led by Bill Sohne when he got his (pictures in AJTT) some years back. Also has a 30mm movement with swan neck regulator - and this movement is seen in other watches including a no arrow TA military variant which might be even rarer than the white dial railmaster.

I have seen 4 white dial railmasters out there but only one of the military variant with the swan neck. I believe a few black dial railmaster also featured this dial.

Achim and Erich plus others can shed more light on this as well.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 20, 2013

I am drooling on these Railmasters. Very handsome Achim. Not yet have the heart to dip my toe there.............

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 20, 2013

long story...... after 1953 omega was left with many cases for the 1953 Military watch with amag. configuration. there was a demand for amag. watches from the canadian AD. in the beginning omega used the existing 1953 mil. watch cases with the same movement and amag. inner cage to create a new amag. watch. called railmaster for the canadian railroads. the first examples had a few different amag. thick dials in white/silver colour with luminous numerals. same movement as the 1953 mil. watch; even the same batch numbers like the 1953 mil. watch. then the case evolved into a different shape and the dials evolved as well. until the luminous wells were on the thick amag. dials. different type of hands tried. different dial fonts tried. different movements tried. even trial runs of fine regulated movements. Bill Soehne has the best documented example. in the end the 1957 railmaster was born. here are the different early and later case shapes::::::[​IMG]. kind regards. achim

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 20, 2013

I forget Achim - does your white dial railmaster have a swan neck regulator? I remember the serials of the movements that did were consecutive over a very small range.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 20, 2013

no swan neck here; early execution with the movement from the 1953 mil. watch. late mvmt. number from the 1953 mil. watch batch; taken from the shelf. they had plenty spare cases and many spare mvmts. left.....

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 20, 2013

bills white dial railmaster is very special; it has the rare swan neck variant. only a few examples ever produced later and not continued....kind regards. achim

9. florianw Aug 20, 2013

Wonderful watches, Achim. I especcially love your Flightmaster. Übercool!

10. sohail Aug 20, 2013

It's always a treat to see your railmaster collection ..... I wish someone could make an effort to work on the movement serial numbers data of all the railmasters produced......

11. Dablitzer Aug 22, 2013

These are amazing! thanks for showing us these rare beasts. :)

12. michael e Still learning. Aug 23, 2013

I love them all.
    Never even heard of a white Railmaster so I have been educated this morning.
    Thanks Mick

13. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 25, 2013

absolute lovely!

14. bloodkrishna Aug 25, 2013

OMG, those are amazing pieces!!!

somehow I don't know about that Flightmaster
    whats that??? I only know the 910 911 flightmaster.....:(

15. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 26, 2013

the flightmaster is a railmaster, issued for the peruvian airforce.( FAP ) they had rolex chronos and rolex GMT`s as well. they requested omega to print flightmaster on the dial; their fighter pilots did not want something to do with Rail.......very rare watch; not many issued. kind regards. achim

16. sohail Aug 26, 2013

It is indeed the rearest of railmasters followed by PAF one s

17. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 26, 2013

[​IMG]

18. bloodkrishna Aug 26, 2013

thanks for the info mate!!!
    recently I'm interested into Mil issued field watch
    this issued to peruvian airforce "railmaster" just very awesome

19. bloodkrishna Aug 26, 2013

btw, is that "flightmaster" issued to FAP, got any Mil Spec on caseback? ::confused2::
    i'm curious, u know, probably I will never seen one of this

20. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 26, 2013

no, just flightmaster engraved instead of railmaster. kind regards. achim...... the PAF version( Pakistani AF) has the number outside the back.