Forums Latest Members
  1. Ravineman Sep 2, 2016

My father's 3 Omega watches are back together again, after my sister returned a broken Seamaster I gave her 20 years ago. After it broke, I was not planing on fixing it. She wanted it and I gave it to her.

20 years later I got it back, still broken, I got it repaired immediately ! It was his first Omega and it became my first Omega, so it's a very special watch. Here it is. Its not mint, but I am thrilled to have it back and working again.

Orig.Seamaster 1.jpg Orig.Seamaster 2.jpg Orig.Seamaster 3.jpg Omega all 3.jpg
  2. Dr. Arnaud Sep 2, 2016

The one on the left is my favorite, it reminds me my watch. Is the middle one a redial? the typo is unusual, and the omega logo looks strange as well. I am not an expert, so I might be wrong.

3. Ravineman Sep 2, 2016

Thanks. The one on the left is my favorite too. The one is the middle was my dad's favorite.
    The middle one probably had the dial painted when dad had it serviced. He purchased the watch new and he ( and my other sister ) are the only ones to ever wear it. He likely never noticed nor cared as he wore the watch and was not a collector.

They all keep perfect time ! The one on the right has never been opened ....

4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 2, 2016

I vote for the middle one. The Seamaster script is way cool.

5. François Pépin Sep 3, 2016

You mean the redial one?

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 3, 2016

Yes

ConElPueblo likes this.
  7. François Pépin Sep 3, 2016

Thank you for your answer. I am wondering if the script has anything to do with the original one.

But it is always a pleasure to see familly watches reborn!

8. Ravineman Sep 3, 2016

The script on the middle one probably has nothing to do with the original in any way. The minute marker placement on this watch is clearly too close to the center of the watch, something I have never seen on any watch.

These all belonged to my dad, so they are all very special watches. My dad passed away 30 years ago, and these three watches still work and keep perfect time. In the past 30 years, I have spent a grand total of $ 200 in total on service. Pretty impressive.

François Pépin likes this.
  9. Superfunk Sep 4, 2016

All look sweet :)