My Omega Service Timeline

Thanks for this thread, it’s really helpful to see how Omega servicing works. Do they provide a nice new box with every service?

Do they provide a nice new box with every service?
Yes they do. It’s part of their return packaging to help ensure secure shipping. It also doubles as presentation/branding. I have several of these red boxes. Their previous packaging was the red clamshell/glasses looking case.

Like 1
01/05/2024 - Watch received from service.

To go into a little more detail about the shipping part, it shipped UPS 3 day, signature required. I have the e-service for UPS and it would not allow me to e-sign for it, it had to be signed for in person. I tracked the package last night before I laid down, and saw it had been updated to be delivered on 01/05/2024. Most of the delivery window was in my lunch break, so I hoped for the best. Just after finishing eating, I heard the truck pull up, saw the driver, and signed for it.

The service box itself is very nice. I was expecting one of the eyeglass/clamshell type cases since that is a lot of what I sign people post:

20240105_184249.jpg
20240105_184334.jpg

Inside the box was the watch, when had been laid on the center support, and behind it was the bag of old parts. It looked like a lot of parts were replaced, including the broken crystal. I knew the dial was going to be replaced as I had paid for it to be done. I am surprised they included the broken crystal, since it is glass, but it speaks to the fact they do send everything back. I don't know what the 05.05.2023 date signifies. It isn't listed as an update in the service tracker and the other number doesn't correspond to any thing I have on my paperwork either. My guess is that is the date Bienne received it and it is an internal tracking number for them.

20240105_184430.jpg
20240105_184441.jpg

20240105_184719.jpg
20240105_184755.jpg
20240105_184807.jpg

Someone had asked about the dial replacement since it looked good in the pictures. I am guessing it is due to the rust formation on the back of the dial, as seen above in the last picture.

Like 1
I am guessing it is due to the rust formation on the back of the dial, as seen above in the last picture.

More likely that it’s due to the finish peeling on the front of the dial. They do a test along the edge of the dial with peg wood, and if the finish peels, the dial must be replaced or if a replacement isn’t available, it must be refinished.

Like 1
01/05/2024 - Watch received from service, continued:

Of course, what everyone has been waiting for, what does the watch look like?

Here is before:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1603.jpg

Here is after:
20240105_184956.jpg
20240105_185025.jpg

20240105_185015.jpg
20240105_185124.jpg

Total cost: $1001.30

I am very happy with how it all turned out. I only have one minor quibble, the constellation logo on the back of the watch isn't straight like in the before photos. I am guessing the scratch at the three o'clock position was too deep to complete polish out, since it is there in the before photos as well.

Would I do it again? For a timepiece like this, yes. I bought this to celebrate a promotion at work, and hope to turn it into an heirloom piece. I like the fact that it was restored to a brand new watch. For an heirloom piece? Probably not. I can see where some would say Omega removes a lot of the character of a watch with how they service it. I do wish communication through the service tracker had been better, as there was a lot of dead air and lack of communication/updates. But, at the end of the day, it was worth it.

Like 18
Looks great! Thanks for bringing us along on the journey and nice to know you are happy with how it turned out.

Wow, what a journey. Thank you for sharing it with us. Very very informative.

What a great watch. Looking at the before and after photos I'm now ready to send my daily better off to the Omega spa in Switzerland.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 8.36.10 AM.png

What a great watch. Looking at the before and after photos I'm now ready to send my daily better off to the Omega spa in Switzerland.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 8.36.10 AM.png

Those are both before photos, this is an after photo:

20240105_184956-jpg.1718486

Like 1
That is a seriously nice watch. I've corrected my comparison photo which makes it so clear how good a job Omega did.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 5.13.24 PM.png

Like 2
................... I only have one minor quibble, the constellation logo on the back of the watch isn't straight like in the before photos.

It's a screw back caseback, so getting it to exactly the same position is difficult, especially if all parts have been cleaned and a new caseback seal has been fitted and the caseback torqued to the correct value.

After reading this informative thread yesterday I decided to email last evening,

E-Mail: [email protected]

to initiate a mailer so I can ship an Omega to a service center.

At the close of today, I have not received any response.

After reading this informative thread yesterday I decided to email last evening,

Going about this only through email is going to slow this whole process down. As will waiting for them to send you a mailer. It’s much faster to call the service phone number. The representative will email you the service information including instructions, the shipping address, and service form you’ll fill out/include with the watch. From there, you package up the watch including the service form and other info they require, and ship it to them.

Like 1

From my experience, calling is a much faster way to get a response, and if you know it's going to have to go to Bienne, might as well ship it straight to New Jersey and save yourself a few days.

Going about this only through email is going to slow this whole process down. As will waiting for them to send you a mailer. It’s much faster to call the service phone number. The representative will email you the service information including instructions, the shipping address, and service form you’ll fill out/include with the watch. From there, you package up the watch including the service form and other info they require, and ship it to them.

To date I have not received a reply to my email with attached photo.

In a way, my email was to see how responsive they were from email and share that experience. I am doing so now.

I made a phone call yesterday.

I sent them my flightmaster in July. June 2024 is the estimated completion time :D

Well it gone done early (8.5 months instead of 11) and was ready to ship (from NJ I bet) on the 26th. Why don't they get off their butts and ship it?