Forums Latest Members
  1. OutofControl8 Jul 21, 2018

So where do I begin. I purchased a Omega moonphase with a blue dial and blue leather strap back in May as a birthday/wedding gift for myself. I was in love with this watch. I put my Rolex back in the box and wore this bad boy every where. I purchased me a nice omega nato strap and it looked great. I loved it on the mayo but like everything else now I wanted to get the steel bracelet for it. My fiancé decided she wanted to get it for me so I go to my local omega boutique and order it. I finally get the call..... it’s here. I’m really excited to go pick it up but I decide to pick it up the next day and have the omega boutique install it since I wanted to make sure it fit the watch since the blue dial moonphase does not come on steel. The sales associates not the service tech tell me they have it in for within a hour. I was still working so I was ok with that. I come down and see they still do not have the bracelet on. I noticed there wasn’t really any protection on the lugs but I didn’t think anything of it. I tell them put the nato strap back on and I’ll put it on when I get home. I take the watch and when I get home I see they scratched the shit out of all four lugs of the watch. I call up the boutique and they tell me it’s common practice and there is nothing they can do. I contacted corporate they mediate and we meet in the middle and they polish the watch stating it will come back in brand new condition. It comes back you can still see the scratches because the tech must’ve realized to completely make the scratches disappear they’d have to polish all of the markings off the watch. I refused the watch in that condition and now 2 more weeks later they finally decide that they replace the case of the watch...... I still think a brand new watch would’ve been better but I’ll take it. Moral of the story. If you can change a watch bracelet by yourself do it unless you know the tech is capable. I wish I knew that the sales people were gonna touch my watch I would’ve never let it happen and I’d be wearing my watch now. Check out the pictures.

BD414914-9F9B-4C2F-BC83-B3BAC4108825.jpeg BA303F39-98EC-4FBE-BCAE-D3AC5FC842DC.jpeg B48D749B-6092-4CCA-9576-5BFDACCC1357.jpeg C0D9813E-ED59-4107-B6C7-E2F159BDA756.jpeg 8D20B275-03A4-4AD8-B54A-34D8F53CD1FB.jpeg
    queriver likes this.
  2. rob#1 Jul 21, 2018

Whoa, they are some gnarly scratches. Have they no shame? After the first attempt they should’ve realised they weren’t up to the job.
    Beautiful watch BTW.

OutofControl8 and astrand like this.
  3. astrand Jul 21, 2018

I'm curious if this is something that is covered by your warranty.

4. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Jul 21, 2018

Thats really messed up. I could understand if they made a small mark on the case but thats terrible. They should replace it for you!

5. tyrantlizardrex Jul 21, 2018

The warranty doesn't cover damage - by you, or anyone else.

6. Draven Jul 21, 2018

That really is shocking, I really feel for you. I don't think they handled it well and you have every right to feel aggrieved.

On the bright side, you have a really beautiful watch there. Wear it well:thumbsup:

7. bigsom Jul 21, 2018

How do you mess up such a simple thing? I'm really sorry to see those photos.

8. tyrantlizardrex Jul 21, 2018

Inexperience, a lack of patience, and tools make a terrible combination.

bigsom likes this.
  9. MrJKLFoams Jul 21, 2018

PakMeDeyd! Hu ever is that tech should go back to his old job! Il rather do it my self and scratch bit but not like that in omega botique! I would ask for replacement specially you bought it brand new and it is unacceptable!

10. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jul 21, 2018

Had this question a while back. Are the boutique salespeople gonna be inept at switching a strap or braclet. I swapped out my bracelet and new leather last night on the Speedmaster. Piece of cake. Put the watch under the magnifying glass, done in couple minutes with zero scratches or problem. I would be PO’d just like the person that penned this thread. Scratching the shit out of your watch is inexcusable for somebody that is a supposed employee of a Omega Boutique. They employee should be fired too.
    Love that watch. After a Tudor BB or Seamaster the Moonphase is my next quarry.

11. queriver Jul 21, 2018

Always take photos of your watch before getting it worked on -- for the avoidance of doubt if they cause any external damage.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 21, 2018

Never getting a new watch. Mid case maybe..

Also it’s rear lug dame damage. It sucks but you can’t see it.

13. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Jul 21, 2018

Was able to track down the shop and snap a picture of the tech
    363DA34C-8976-49B3-8D97-3ABA1C99EA8C.gif

kkt, OutofControl8 and lustrousaurus like this.
  14. OutofControl8 Jul 21, 2018

Thanks everyone for the responses. They are replacing the case. Omega still has it and I should be receiving it mid August. They really tried hard to not replace it but their tech Mohammad who I order the bracelet through said he remembered the condition the watch was in originally and i really think if it wasn’t for him I’d still be fighting with them over this. I know it’s probably gonna happen over time but for it to be 3 weeks old and have that done it broke my heart. When I get the watch back I will post some pics.

15. OutofControl8 Jul 21, 2018

16. OutofControl8 Jul 21, 2018

Thank you sir. And yes they were all retry gnarly

17. merchandiser Jul 21, 2018

Pretty sure he would have done a better job;)

18. kkt Jul 21, 2018

Glad they agreed to replace the case. Really, how can employees of an Omega boutique not know how to change a strap? It's not like it's never going to come up.

OutofControl8 likes this.
  19. ninjamattic Jul 21, 2018

Man I feel you. I had a jeweler at the store where I bought my pre-owned speedy scratch the fire out of the lugs in mine tweaking around with the bracelet as well. Fortunately it’s on the bottom of the lugs which will never be visible, so I called it lesson learned.

OutofControl8 likes this.
  20. OutofControl8 Jul 22, 2018

At first I was gonna accept it and take the small discount that was offered to me. But I just couldn’t let it go cause it was brand new. Thankfully they’re gonna replace the case