Forums Latest Members
  1. Kobus Jun 21, 2016

Was debating this on another thread, but thought the arrival warrants a new thread.
    --------------
    Luckily I found an on-line retailer in South Africa that could supply. Would have preferred to see it in person first, but not to be. The retailer stocks the whole range of WOLF. I ordered the Savoy Burlwood.

I had a hard time deciding between 10 and 5……… settled on 5. Also deciding between piano black or wood finish took some time. Decided on wood. Happy with both decisions.

First impression when I received the box I thought it was rather light. This proved unfounded once opened. Good.

Packaging. I was worried about the box being damaged in transit. Upon opening the box, I saw that there was no need to worry. Very well packaged. This made me “hope” for a great product inside.
    The packaging really impressed.

The box itself took me by surprise. The quality of the finish is superb. The way the wood feels, the look, the hinges....

Negatives. The key. Feels a bit like it could break. It is metal so it should be fine. And then a spare key would have been nice.
    The cushions fit in the box is a bit loose. They are generally a bit too small as well. My watches fit very loosely around them, and I have a “normal” wrist. Really don’t understand this.

Any questions?

IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2367.JPG IMG_2368.JPG IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2370.JPG
  2. Jaacck Jun 21, 2016

Love this. Nice collection also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ajn3323 Jun 21, 2016

Nice collection. I too had a Wolf box. Liked all the things you mentioned. I returned it - the loose fit and the small cushions were a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 21, 2016

Nicely done! Beautiful watches, too :)

5. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 21, 2016

Beautiful box and a great collection. :thumbsup:

6. TheCaptainOfTech Jun 22, 2016

Nice watch box and might I add a even nice collection

7. Pvt-Public Jun 22, 2016

I wouldn't worry too much about the lock and key. A lock on a small wooden box like that would really only keep the curious kiddies out when you are not looking anyways.

8. leetse2 Jun 22, 2016

Lovely watch box. And as many have noted, great collection!

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 22, 2016

Easy enough to smash the glass

10. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Jun 22, 2016

Nice box, even nicer collection, nice and straight forward collection...

11. ossfm Jun 22, 2016

I see the key/security as a formality. If someone really wanted the watches they would look at the case and think to themselves "thank you for packaging the watches for me, I'll just take them all."

The same can be said for a small safe. They would take the safe with the contents included and break into it later at their convenience.

It looks like a nice box though. Wolf seems to have a good product.

12. ktc Jun 23, 2016

Wow that's purdy.

How do you decide what order to put them from left to right? That would drive me ::screwloose:: ::facepalm2::

ossfm likes this.