My new (to me) city editions NYC Boutique

I found this a few days ago and it arrived today. It was an unexpected purchase but I couldn't pass it up. I haven't been this excited about a watch since probably my first luxury watch purchase.

I have been wanting a vintage style Seamaster for a long time but the vintage models are too small for me. The Constellations seem fugly to me and I don't care for the Roman numerals on the DeVilles.

This one checked nearly all the boxes. The only feature keeping it from being the ideal dream watch for me is the lack of applied Arabic numerals. Nevertheless, I'm in love with it. The dial as well as the engraving around the movement are mesmerizing.

The only two things I dislike are the dramatic taper on the strap from 20mm to 16mm and the pin buckle. Luckily, I already had a deployant strap waiting that I had purchased a while ago. The other issue is the stamped limited edition number on the side of the case. It's rather discrete, but why couldn't they stamp it on the backside like the other limited editions? I think it takes something away from the classiness of the watch, but it's not unbearable. This is certainly one I'll keep to pass on to a grandchild.

I'll need to offload a watch or two to justify the purchase but I couldn't be happier over this find.

1000033768.jpg 1000033750.jpg 1000033757.jpg 1000033771.jpg

Like 17