Forums Latest Members
  1. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

Hello everyone, I am a newbie here. Having had an older blue wave Seamaster a few years ago (and regretting selling it), I thought I would treat myself and purchase another one. The watch really is lovely and complete with all boxes, pictogram cards, instruction manual; it even has its Omega chronometer certificate and also a nice rubber Omega rubber strap. Love it. What do you think?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    OMGRLX likes this.
  2. Meme-Dweller Mar 31, 2017

Congrats. Is it just me or does the whole bracelet have a completely polished finish?

3. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

Thanks. I think it's just the really bright overhead lights. The watch was bought in 2010 at a reputable store in Manchester. I'm delighted with it as I was looking at a number of Breitlings. I've had a few Breitlings in the past, a couple of Rolex and two Omegas, what swayed me on this was is that it's not too old and the paperwork etc is complete. As its a co-axial, apparently servicing is around every 10 years too. I've loved the Seamaster since Brosnan wore one in Goldeneye. :)

4. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 31, 2017

Congrats!....the rubber strap will look good on it :)

BondJamesBond007 likes this.
  5. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

Thanks. Checking online I can't believe the price of the rubber straps! I got everything (watch, inner red and white outer boxes, three pictogram cards, Omega cream wallet, user book, chronometer certificate, omega swing tags, Omega rubber strap and spare rubber bits) all for £1600.00 which is a great price I think. :)

6. Alabama Mar 31, 2017

That is a good price especially with a rubber strap included. I completely agree with you on the price of rubber straps - I paid about about £170 for my Omega rubber, whereas an equivalent Breitling rubber cost me £55. Go figure!

7. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

I know! :eek: £150 upwards for a rubber strap? I agree, I think it's a great price for what I got. I must say though, another thing that swung it for me was the bracelet, really comfortable, substantial and well made and fits my wrist like a glove. I was looking at a Breitling Avenger Skyland but I think the completeness of the Seamaster for the reasons above did it for me.

I wonder if the helium escape valve works in the bath? :)

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 31, 2017

Yes, looks like someone has been using a Cape Cod style polishing cloth on it and has polished the entire bracelet. Can easily be remedied at the next service - before and after on a bracelet refinish to show the difference:

[​IMG]

Watch is a Ref. 21230412001002 with a 2500C.

Cheers, Al

9. zrleopold Mar 31, 2017

There is something about a nice before/after picture I find particularly satisfying!

10. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

Hi Al, yes I see what you mean. Thanks for the comparison pics above, the clasp really is super shiny, more so than the bracelet. Just checked the cards and yes, the number is the same as you've quoted above.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

11. Meme-Dweller Mar 31, 2017

The clasp actually looks kinda cool polished

12. BondJamesBond007 Mar 31, 2017

I think you're right, it does. Need to watch out in the summer in case I dazzle oncoming cars in the sun! ;)

13. Topcat30093 Mar 31, 2017

Nice watch you got yourself there :)
    Excellent price for such a complete package.
    Congratulations.