Forums Latest Members

My new Ressence Type 1s by Alain Silberstein

1. NGO1 Oct 3, 2022

Do you run up to your neighbors and express your disapproval of their wardrobe? Didn’t think so.

This is an incoming thread. OP is sharing his new piece. Your approval is not needed. At least read the topic of the thread before inject your limited and unsolicited opinion.

Scarecrow Boat and R3D9 like this.
  2. R3D9 Oct 3, 2022

What incredible pieces! Three amazing examples of what makes him such a unique watchmaker.

I agree with you about him being an underrated innovator… ahead of his time in many ways.

It makes me happy to see that he is finally getting some of the recognition he deserves.

Edited Oct 3, 2022
  3. R3D9 Oct 3, 2022

I have to admit it’s a little odd to be resurrecting a months-old thread to share that sort of opinion.

Not even sure how you would stumble upon a thread this old unless you were looking for it.

Regardless, you’re entitled to your opinion and have to live with your disposition, so no skin off my nose.

Edited Oct 3, 2022
  4. R3D9 Oct 3, 2022

Hah! Thank you very much for the kind words

Every Ressence is special in my opinion. I’ve wanted one since I first laid eyes on the oil-filled Type 3. When this Silberstein-designed one appeared I finally bit the bullet and dug into the wallet

5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 4, 2022

I normally refrain from chiming in when things turn sour (I have observed they regularly do in threads where you jump in) but the usual advice I have seen on this forum is : there is a thread/something for everyone, if something doesn’t interest you or only evokes negative feelings, rather keep quite and continue scrolling.

I attribute this to what makes this place positive and relatively conflict free. And it’s something that when applied to one’s personal life, one will find also has a positive overall effect. Memo received hopefully :)

Back to the OP and his watch : that is a fantastic Ressance. Congrats! The only other that came close to this was the one whose color way was chosen from user submissions ( was it ‘only watch’?). Thanks for highlighting Wei Kohs new endeavor…sounds really interesting and I look forward to following it…however, as things have gone with LE’s, it will likely always be sold out in seconds and not for mere mortals…so good on ya for snagging one.

Scarecrow Boat likes this.