my nephew asked me what would be the best Omega for him to buy his wife

for enjoyment today and investment over the next 20 plus years. I'm not knowledgeable to provide guidance so I thought I'd enquire here and see what the smart guys have to suggest. TIA.

I would never invest in watches, but I do like to spend money on watches that has a fair chance of being sold again without loss. But then you will have to scour through the market for quite some time. My wife loves her Saphettes, but her Quartz Constellation is probably her favorite. I got it used from a small Italian business. After a movement spa and a new battery it runs like a charm.

A safe bet for a new ladies Ω would be the Seamaster Aqua Terra Lady series, they make Rolex Datejust seem, well, dated 😁

Get the "Cindy Crawford" Constellation quartz (Manhattan). It is a Gerald Genta design, easy to wear (thin), and a positive bargain. Lots of color combos made, but I like the two-tone because it captures the spirit of the Era. I don't think they will fall in value from where they are at.

For enjoyment today select a model that the wife would enjoy and get maximum use. Forget investment potential, it's not happening with a ladies watch.

You should go by the classics singing ... diamonds are a girls best friend .... 😁

If he doesn't mind doing some research, my advice would be to opt for a mens vintage deville. Proportions and sizing of these vintage watches allow for either gender to wear comfortably. This approach would allow her to enjoy the watch for many years to come and, if well preserved, could potentially increase in value as we expect fewer all original examples to survive into the future.

That is a good point about ladies' watches not holding value. Would she be open to a Unisex or smaller man's watch? (31-35mm) Maybe you should get a watch you could share.

If he doesn't mind doing some research, my advice would be to opt for a mens vintage deville. Proportions and sizing of these vintage watches allow for either gender to wear comfortably. This approach would allow her to enjoy the watch for many years to come and, if well preserved, could potentially increase in value as we expect fewer all original examples to survive into the future.
Gift an old used watch to a woman?
Obviously you`re not married 😁

You'd get her whatever she picks out.

Is this not obvious?
Never ever surprise a female with jewelery. This I have learned. Instead accompany said female in her quest and manage the credit card. Oh and watches are not an investment.

Never ever surprise a female with jewelery. This I have learned. Instead accompany said female in her quest and manage the credit card. Oh and watches are not an investment.
With only one exception but this nephew have done that already.

The boyfriend knows what watches are on my list and he can chose off the list at his financial peril. 😜 Jewelry, I'm much less picky about, lol.

As for the original brief, I'd consider one of the Speedmaster 38s or a Ladymatic depending on the recipient's style and current accessory choices.

Did the nephew indicate that his wife wants a vintage watch? If not, the thread is in the wrong place. A ladies model or men's? Forget the investment part, that's ridiculous.

My other half wears this one. She prefers her diamonds on rings, not on watches.
807790-6f6922bbda008eb1ada1a8e05e75fcd1.jpg

Gift an old used watch to a woman?
Obviously you`re not married 😁

My wife loves the one I bought from @seekingseaquest for our one year anniversary. I think if you have taken the time to share your passion with your significant other and explain the details of the specific watch they will come to appreciate the thoughtfulness behind the purchase more than just walking into a store, handing over a credit card and purchasing something off a rack.