my nephew asked me what would be the best Omega for him to buy his wife

There are so many issues with buying a watch for someone you love because of its expected value gain over time.

Would you buy an expensive watch you don't really like the look of as a romantic present, just because it would be worth more second-hand in twenty years??

'When presented the watch:
"You must understand my dear, you are merely a way of storing assets until we can liquify them"

Later, with her friends:
"Well, I really don't like the look of it, but John says it will be worth a lot of money in the future!"

As a side remark, my girlfriend can't stand diamonds on watches and the two watches from my collection she wears the most are 41mm divers.

My other half wears this one. She prefers her diamonds on rings, not on watches.
807790-6f6922bbda008eb1ada1a8e05e75fcd1.jpg
I have to agree. My wife would have little interest in superfluous diamonds. Of course now just prefers her Fitbit.

The one his wife picks out.

Don’t try to think what a woman likes or wants.

(I have been close once or twice in 50 years, but wrong many many times) 😉

It appears that the OP has lost interest ... the nephew is on his own.

My First Wife recently had a big birthday, so we went to our friendly neighborhood Omega dealer and she picked out this one ~

Mother of pearl dial, diamond indices, size 34. She loves it!

My wife has her own Rolex but she likes to borrow my Speedie 🙁.

Gift an old used watch to a woman? Obviously you`re not married 😁

I am married for 28 years now and the watches I have bought my wife were all used. I got more credit than I´d get with new watches. I think she appreciates that I have spent time in finding something special 😀

My wife has her own Rolex but she likes to borrow my Speedie 🙁.

There is something very special about a woman who wears a Speedmaster. She's a keeper for sure.

This is what my wife often wears. It is 36mm, looks great on her, but definitely not on me

373229512435_0.JPG
Edited:

My wife's into square/tank watches, she wouldn't remotely want something encrusted with diamonds. So my advice is get some insight into what she likes/dislikes before you invest.