Forums Latest Members
  1. ticktock Dec 3, 2013

Hi,

I haven't posted here much, though I do browse the various fora with great interest - I thought it was probably about time I shared towards this great community which has been an excellent source of knowledge for me.

[​IMG]

I've picked up these three over the past year or so..all from ebay here in the UK and all for a good price - sometimes you do still get lucky! I just love them, they're my 3 that get the most wear and just look and feel great on the wrist.

Left: Cal 30L from early 60's (model 8888?)
    Middle: Conquest Auto cal. 19AS from 1958
    Right: Flagship Ultra-Chron cal. 431 from 1968

Next on my Longines radar would probably be a gold Flagship but undecided which model - I'm certainly open to suggestions!

Thanks for reading,
    Chris

DaveK, Alpenschneerot, Gavin and 3 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Dec 3, 2013

Hi Chris. Great entrance!

Yes, your 30L is inside a reference 8888, and I can say so definitively because I have the identical watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Conquest 19AS is in stunning condition - how's the fish medallion's enamel? That should be a case reference 900x. It's probably a replacement crown, but the originals do pop up once in a while so it's not a big deal.

One of our members just snagged a Flagship Ultra-Chron very similar to yours, except your's looks in better shape. What logo is on the back, if any? That'll help determine the case reference if you don't already know it.

You've chosen 3 great examples of Longines from a great period for watches. :thumbsup:

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 3, 2013

Very nice, great Conquest.

4. ticktock Dec 3, 2013

Hi, thanks for your kind words! I must admit that I've gained much of my knowledge on Longines watches from this forum and particularly your posts - so thanks! Your 8888 looks completely immaculate, the hands on mine are slightly oxidised, but otherwise it's in nice shape.

The medallion is in good shape...I suspected the crown might not be original, any idea what an original would look like?

[​IMG]

I haven't got a photo to hand of the Ultra-Chron caseback I'm afraid, but from memory it has the Ultra-Chron logo in the middle. I'll update you when I get the chance!

Chris

5. ulackfocus Dec 3, 2013

Should look like this:

Crown900xB.jpg

6. Lex4TDI4Life Dec 3, 2013

That would be me and I have the Chronometer-rated model. We will see how pretty it is once I get it back from Steve...

[​IMG]

The case on yours looks sharp! Really lovely piece.

7. ulackfocus Dec 3, 2013

Forgot that it's a chronometer!

Okay, going by the listing from Lex's watch, the Flagship U-C is a reference 8056.

$T2eC16RHJGUFFh0rrkB7BSVDVmK)kQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16JHJH0FG1)sTCqvBSVDUt8OgQ~~60_57.JPG

Being a chronometer, his watch has the gold rotor weight:

$(KGrHqJHJCwFDOjQ7odVBSVDUKiOWQ~~60_57.JPG

8. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Dec 3, 2013

Here's my similar Conquest

IMG_2424-768x1024.jpg

It has the right crown but I have another with a black dial that doesn't - so if you find two ...

Alpenschneerot likes this.
  9. Mothra Dec 3, 2013

Love those conquests....

10. cristos71 Dec 3, 2013

Nice Longines, especially the Conquest it looks to be in particularly nice shape:thumbsup:

I had one too for many years, but with a lot more patina!

020.JPG

032.JPG
    Alpenschneerot likes this.