Forums Latest Members
  1. cspires Apr 9, 2020

Hello. I’m portuguese, I have 47 years old, I apologise if my English is not very good. I need help in order to qualify a watch that belonged to my grandma. She used to wear it in the 80’s and I think it was a present somebody gave to her by that time but I’m not sure.
    I have some pictures and I recently consulted lots of information about watches but sincerely, I ended up at this forum because it’s from Omega and I think there are good experts here.

7C502AAD-3A28-49D4-BF57-2D762168AD89.jpeg 9C8E4106-18B9-4DE3-B1ED-E4456FAE6739.jpeg EDFD07FD-1002-40BD-83D8-4A897612B5BC.jpeg
    Jerseyhammer likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 9, 2020

Your grandmother’s watch is probably from the 1960’s. These are sometimes called “cocktail watches”. All the manufacturers made similar styles for women at that time.

Unfortunately, these watches are not in style any longer. Many women prefer to wear smaller men’s watches if they wear one at all.

I cannot tell from the pictures if the watch and band are solid gold. If so, then the value is in the gold and diamonds only. These would need to be appraised in person by a jeweler.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Seaborg, OMEGuy, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  3. michael e Still learning. Apr 9, 2020

I like it.
    Looks like a very elegant watch.
    There is still a market for them but not as big as it once was, but trends change all of the time.
    I could see a lady loving that watch, especially wearing it to a posh function or restaurant.
    All it takes is for some gorgeous model to be pictured wearing a vintage watch like this and then boom! Every girl wants one. That is how it works.

It looks to be in great condition from what I can see but as above the value by some will be for the scrap gold and diamonds which is a shame.
    That being said some will see it for the beautiful, elegant ladies watch it is and will want to buy it and wear it.

Some of the watches that have been scrapped by gold dealers would make a collector cry.