Forums Latest Members
  1. Norklok Jul 24, 2019

Hi. I have inhereted this Omega Geneve watch from my grandfather. It has been in my closet tha last 30 years, but now I am thinking about starting to use it. It does not work, so I need to get an expert to fix it first

However, I am a bit curious about the watch. I know that it is from the 60s (probably). I have tried to google it, but I can not find any similar with only numbers on the 3, 6, 9 and 12 hour positions. The only inscription on the back is «waterproof». Does any of you people know anyting about this? And is the wrist band original?

upload_2019-7-24_7-35-32.jpeg

Spruce likes this.
  2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jul 24, 2019

Geneve is the family, so to speak. The bracelet is aftermarket.

Tom

Norklok likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 24, 2019

Genève is a model line used by Omega for a number of watches. See the story below.

Omega Gèneve Info.JPG

As noted, the bracelet is a generic after-market item and should be replaced with a nice strap (IMO).

To learn how to identify your watch, you can start here.

KingCrouchy and Norklok like this.
  4. rob#1 Jul 24, 2019

Norklok likes this.
  5. michael22 Jul 24, 2019

That's a nice one.

Norklok likes this.
  6. Norklok Jul 24, 2019

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 24, 2019

Omega made many many many (dozens and dozens of) variations of dials for exactly the same "model" and not all of them are shown in the Omega Vintage Database.

Much better photos are needed to establish the "originality" of the watch, but at the moment it all looks OK to e except for the minute hand, but that may be due to its position over a marker.

Norklok likes this.
  8. Rochete Jul 24, 2019

I've never seen a Genève dial like that either. Minute markers around 4 and 5 look a bit off, might be the photo. I also don't quite get why the absence of markers around 3, 6 and 9. My guts say it could've been redialed but I sometimes get stomach flu.

Norklok likes this.
  9. Tigeranteater Jul 24, 2019

Just the history of it being your grandfathers watch is enough in my opinion to send it to a watchmaker. As others have stated, the band is not original. You can find a nice band that sets the watch off better without too much trouble. There are people here that can recommend good watchmakers. I will be happy to recommend mine if you need one. He is excellent.

Norklok likes this.