My first steps in the vintage Seiko universe...

Posts
1,869
Likes
5,443
Actually, when I was a teenager I had a Seiko LCD with a guy running in a case when the chronograph was on.
It was the first serious watch of my life and it lasted for years.
 
Posts
586
Likes
1,371
Should the bezel click ?

Yes.

It's a bidirectional bezel with 60 clicks.

If it's not clicking the little ball could he missing or stuck.
They can pop out when the bezel is taken off.

Edited:
 
Posts
1,428
Likes
2,957
Great assessment and a great reminder. I collected SEIKO divers quite some time ago and I recall knowing all the pitfalls.

Wonderful and very durable watches.

My Divers
 
Posts
586
Likes
1,371
Great assessment and a great reminder. I collected SEIKO divers quite some time ago and I recall knowing all the pitfalls.

Wonderful and very durable watches.

My Divers

Very nice collection and all in amazing condition 👍
 
Posts
1,161
Likes
6,814
Great assessment and a great reminder. I collected SEIKO divers quite some time ago and I recall knowing all the pitfalls.

Wonderful and very durable watches.
Dibs on that 62MAS - it’s amazing
 
Posts
14
Likes
13
Seiko vintage is a dangerous dark hole. Thats a fact. Welcome! 😀
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
Keep in mind that the 6309 could be a gateway drug into vintage Seiko.

Oh yes! 😁
 
Posts
3,636
Likes
18,005
SEIKO 6309 " SLIM TURTLE " LEGIT DIAL .....

beware the fake and some artificially aged dial ... pay attention to the TINY ... SUWA LOGO
images are borrowed from cyberspace
 
Posts
1,869
Likes
5,443
Found two Seiko watches that look interesting though I am not so sure. What are the members opinion on these ?
First is Hi-Beat automatic ref. 2406-3020 with grey dial.

Second is a Speed-Timer chronograph 7015-8000 with a green dial.
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
I thought that the crown tube on these could not be repaired.

Quite correct.

But it can be replaced.