Forums Latest Members
  1. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

Hi Guys,

Just became a proud owner of my first Omega speedmaster
    [​IMG]
    The hesalite crystal is broken and I need a replacement one. I've read that the original ones have an omega sign in the middle? Is there a difference between them? And where can I order the correct one's>

2. ext1 Sep 1, 2018

I think your image link is broken?

Any watchmaker with omega parts account should be able to order & do the replacing work for you. I haven't heard of third-party acrylic crystals for the standard speedy though.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

What are the costs for replacing the crystal in general?

4. Donn Chambers Sep 1, 2018

I suspect most watchmakers would want to do a complete service if a watch comes in with a broken crystal, out of due diligence. So you might want to plan for the cost of a full service. Since the watch you bought is older and damaged, I’d do that even if you could find someone to just replace the crystal.

Omega lists the cost of a complete service on their website. The watchmakers I deal with charge a comparable rate.

5. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

I've heard that Omega just swaps new parts on and calls it good. I would like to keep the beat up parts it currently has except the crystal. Is this true?

6. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

[​IMG]

murph likes this.
  7. WatchWalker Sep 1, 2018

It depends on your agreement with the watchmaker. Which country are you in?

8. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

I am from the Netherlands

9. WatchWalker Sep 1, 2018

You can best visit a Dutch forum and look for feedback on local watchmakers. Imhave been using one in Haarlem with good feedback.

10. Walviskroket Sep 1, 2018

Which one?

11. WatchWalker Sep 1, 2018

Peter Klemann. Official Omega repair center. I believe in Alkmaar is another one with a good reputation, don’t remember their name though..