Forums Latest Members

My first poison pen letter. Aww.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

I am so glad that new people register here, act like total idiots, and feel that they can dispense the offer of "psychological help" to people that question the dumb things they say.

@RancheroMaster if you'd like me to arrange medical help, where trained professionals can remove your head from your own backside, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to offer that, I'm don't swim in such illustrious circles, and suspect that a large plastic sheet, and heavy pressure hose would be required for the cleanup, neither of which I have.

Thank you for passing judgement on my character, I was concerned that I was only hitting "mildly annoying", and am glad to hear that I have hit "repulsive".

As a gentle pointer on on "how to interact correctly with people you don't know personally", I would suggest that getting a measure of the site on which you have posted, before advising a member to scrap their mechanical movement and have an electronic one fitted in it's place.

If you think that's an answer, let alone the right answer, then I would suggest you are in the wrong place.

As to your P.S. - yes there are, and I am aware. In the shock of reading your post, words were lost... I would correct the post, but think you'd probably enjoy that a little too much.

As to your P.P.S - perhaps you should take your own advise? The walk yesterday, when this was relevant, was lovely.

I do so enjoy being addressed by full name, especially by an individual who doesn't bother to sign theirs, you keep wrapped up warm behind that keyboard when you're picking fights with strangers on the internet.

Thanks. Love you. Bye.

X

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.58.43.png

2. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 26, 2017

Yes yes that is all well and good but surely it is advice when used as a noun, advise as a verb?

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 26, 2017

Life's too short to put energy into responding to trolls.

5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Apr 26, 2017

No it's not.

Jaacck, Jwit, RancheroMaster and 6 others like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 26, 2017

On top of everything he used a quote from Mark Twain without attributions. You missed another shot Chris.

neilfrancis and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  7. mr_yossarian Apr 26, 2017

I work in the pharmaceutical industry and I can assure you: there is a solution to fix people's urge to write this sort of mail. Would help him a lot, along with some locktite sniffing.

EDIT: I hope you got that this wasn't aimed at you, Chris.

Edited Apr 26, 2017
    Spacefruit likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 26, 2017

I highly recommend calling out a douche when they're acting like a douche, whether digital or quartz.

abrod520, Willem023, Jwit and 5 others like this.
  9. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

Do you have anything to help me get this locktite off my hands? And my hands off the couch? Typing this with a pencil in my mouth. Send "professional help" ;)

mr_yossarian likes this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 26, 2017

Don't panic!
    Loctite (not locktite or locktight) is an anaerobic adhesive and will remain liquid until isolated from oxygen in the presence of metal ions. Meaning, that as long as Loctite is exposed to normal breathable air, it will just remain just an annoying sticky liquid with no bonding or super adhesive properties.

Thus, unless your Loctite covered hands are in an oxygen depleted environment, just wash them in warm soapy water and pour yourself a generous tot of Ardbeg or another tincture of your choice and celebrate the fact that you didn't confuse an anaerobic plasticising compound with an extremely tenacious cyanoacrylate resin which would indeed glue you to anything your hand happened to touch and prevent you from partaking in any remedy, unless of course, acetone is your favoured tipple?

Vitezi, abrod520, Sculler22 and 3 others like this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

#Science. :D

ahartfie likes this.
  12. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Apr 26, 2017

Wait! Loctite is sniffable! This is the kind of valuable info that keeps me coming back to OF.

Jwit, kkt and Georgieboy58 like this.
  13. Marku Apr 26, 2017

It's a good job Chris wasn't trying to type "extremely tenacious cyanoacrylate" using his mouth/pencil combo

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  14. mr_yossarian Apr 26, 2017

no idea actually, my experience with glue is decades ago when I enjoyed the smell of revell glue along with my airplane kits :)

ahsposo and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  15. LawBrk Apr 26, 2017

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    -Mark Twain

George.A, Jwit, Don Bocadillo and 4 others like this.
  16. R3D9 Apr 26, 2017

@tryantlizardex - It's clear from the above thread you linked that @RancheroMaster is someone who quick to assume the negative in every conversation he's engaged in.

As a member who exhibited these exact symptoms a while back, I want him to know that there's still hope.

@RancheroMaster: don't take everything so seriously. If you find it difficult to engage in a converatuon with others when your not the subject matter expert you're not going to enjoy your time here, because there is a world-class expert behind a great many avatars on this forum.

When said expert give you blunt (clear) advice, try not to see it as admonishment, but rather someone who knows their stuff and believes in cutting to the chase.

Of course everyone's opinion is welcome here, but don't expect to make a statement that is clearly false/silly and expect not to hear from people about it.

Try and relax and you'll find this is a pretty great place to hang out.

17. BlueBoy Apr 26, 2017

Hesus, I am out of London for less than a week, and the Lizard has morphed in a Komodo :whipped:

LiquidSolid, ahartfie and Spacefruit like this.
  18. tyrantlizardrex Apr 26, 2017

Godzilla is the good guy...

Edited Apr 26, 2017
    BlueBoy likes this.
  19. Tubber Apr 26, 2017

Being pedantic, Loctite is a German owned brand name, parent company Henkel. Anaerobic adhesives are but one of their vast range of very good products.

20. Tubber Apr 26, 2017

@mr_yossarian Was it the Humbrol glue that came in a red, white and blue tube? That Airfix transfers were a bugger to apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.