Forums Latest Members
  1. itsjoshBruuuuh Mar 5, 2019

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so this is my first post, having just purchased my first Omega I felt like joining the Omega forums was the right thing to do.

I've always wanted an Omega since I first got into watches when I was 15, and recently I've been fortunate enough to be able to acquire one, even though this is a vintage watch and not necessarily a very expensive one either, this is a big deal to me.

So I got this Seamaster Polaris which I think is such a unique design, even though the watch itself is only around 31 or 32mm, it definitely wears larger and has a ton of wrist presence and still manages to look masculine at it's small size.

Although the watch definitely looks a bit retro I think it certainly doesen't look dated and it's something that in my opinion will always be a cool design.

I picked this up on Ebay for around 300£, the condition is quite good, it has a few little scratches and scuffs but that is to be expected with a watch that's over 20 years old.
    I do have one question though, is that writing that's done with a marker on the case back for anything? I read in a previous thread that some watch makers or service centres do this when a watch has been serviced but I don't know how true that is

Here's some pics.

20190305_101311.jpg 20190305_101322.jpg 20190305_102239.jpg 20190305_101314.jpg Screenshot_20190305-181705_eBay.jpg
    CJpickup57 and Vicke like this.
  2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 5, 2019

Congrats and welcome. Bold choice. Very distinct style.
    Those marks will be service marks like you said, although of course they’re so easy for a seller to write on themselves, I wouldn’t take that as definitive proof it’s been service (but I’m probably overly cynical).
    You’ll soon be after your next one though!

3. itsjoshBruuuuh Mar 5, 2019

Haha my next Omega will probably be a deville because that line itself has some sentimental value to me.

The seller I bought the watch from actually told me he wasn't sure about the service history if it had been serviced or not, but he did fit a new battery in it for me before shipping it. Although I already stocked up on some different Renata batteries for my Tag Heuer that's due a battery change.

4. CJpickup57 Mar 5, 2019

Looks good! Congrats! Welcome to the fever with the only cure being to own more watches.