Forums Latest Members
  1. kwajtrader Apr 5, 2018

After waiting several months for this model to come in to the AD I've been working with, I received it via Fedex yesterday. This is my first autowinder, so I'm still trying to figure out how much to wind it the first time. I also noticed that the chronograph second hand is not exactly at 12 when reset. I'm assuming there is a simple calibration method (as there is on my Movado 880).

Any help would be appreciated!

Omega.jpg

2. an1030 Apr 5, 2018

The OCD in me is making me jump around the room seeing how the second hand is slightly off to the left from 12!!! :eek:

@Archer would be able to provide invaluable insight into whether or not this is an actual issue!

Congrats on the watch!

lustrousaurus and Starman71 like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 6, 2018

No there isn't. Unlike most quartz chronographs that have a motor for each hand (not all do, but most modern quartz chronographs do) this is a pure mechanical system where cams are reset by hammers. If the hand is out of position when reset, then the hand has to be removed from it's post and pressed back on properly aligned.

The minute counter hand at 3 is definitely out of tolerance, and the central seconds recorder hand also appears to be out of tolerance. I can't see the hour counter hand at 6. I would have a talk with whoever the seller was about getting it repaired under warranty if it bothers you. It won't do any harm to leave it this way, but it's certainly not right based on your photo. Always better to judge these things in person though.

Cheers, Al

lustrousaurus likes this.
  4. CPRwatch Apr 6, 2018

Omg , head wrecker & I probably won't sleep well tonight now I've seen that picture . Please post another picture , where the hands are not in the reset position .

lustrousaurus and Starman71 like this.
  5. davidson Apr 9, 2018

That's one hell of a beautiful watch, though. Great fit. Congratulations on your first!

6. larryganz The cable guy Apr 10, 2018

Well, I've seen much worse than in the that photo. And my watchmaker would probably reset the hands for about $40 for a regular customer who won't blame other problems on him for doing this job.