Forums Latest Members

My first Omega: The Mitsukoshi Speedmaster Mod

1. mpcdude Mar 26, 2017

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum. Have been lurking for quite a bit haha. Bought my first Omega today: The Mitsukoshi Speedy.

Released as a 300-piece ltd edition for Japan's Mitsukoshi department stall. However, there were some spare dials released by Omega. Managed to get a converted one with an original Mitsukoshi dial on a 3570.50 base with original papers, bracelet and original dial and hands. Mine looks exactly the same as the original Mitsukoshi, just that the address on the warranty card isn't stated Mitsukoshi.

This piece is flat-out gorgeous in real-life. I just love Panda dials. I went "wow" the instant I saw it. The dial appears more silver and opaline-like than white. The dial has a sort of shimmer/gleam that cannot be captured in photos. Watch is in excellent condition. The case does not have any scratches/dents etc. Adore it to bits. Gotta mount it on the bracelet!

Also managed to reserve a Speedy Tuesday ltd edition. Gonna have 2 pandas in the future!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jud Mar 26, 2017

Congratulations, looks great.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2017

Welcome mate, great panda to start yourself off with!

4. Sculler22 Mar 26, 2017

You've been bitten hard by the bug!

5. demchocholips Mar 26, 2017

Before I read your post, I thought from the thread title that you had managed to buy one of the 300 original Mitsukoshi pieces. I've been searching years for the Mitsukoshi and was eager to read about how you had hunted yours.

It's more accurate to say that you bought a Speedmaster with the Mitsukoshi mod. Enjoy in good health!

rohnin, ac921ol, kov and 1 other person like this.
  6. chows99 Mar 26, 2017

Does it matter? Most importantly, it's all original parts. And there are only like 300 pieces out there. It will take too much effort to get anal about a so called "pure" piece

Rodmar and Larry S like this.
  7. LeoneFM Mar 26, 2017

This is a beautiful watch and if you like it on your wrist, feeling happy to wear it, you bought the right watch: it's just about how YOU feel when buying a watch like this according to me ;-)
    Cheers
    :)

bazderome, M.C.B1974 and mpcdude like this.
  8. demchocholips Mar 26, 2017

It doesn't matter as a watch to wear and enjoy. How it matters is I (and I'm guessing many others here) would be super excited to hear about the quest for the grail that is the Mitsukoshi.

mpcdude likes this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 26, 2017

This is one of the most beautiful speedies I've seen. I believe George @Kringkily has one or two of the original. It is simply perfect to my eye and one I would want over the ST or trilogy by far

sensui likes this.
  10. RJwatches Mar 26, 2017

Beautiful dial!

mpcdude likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 26, 2017

I agree completely. There are likely more modded watches out there than there ever were originals of this model. It may use genuine Omega parts, but it's not original to the watch.

I always recommend that if people are looking for an original model, they research the serial number to ensure that the serial is for a true Mitsukoshi watch, and not one that has been modded and is being sold as original...

Cheers, Al

rohnin, airansun, George.A and 7 others like this.
  12. chows99 Mar 26, 2017

You are right. Original models will fetch a premium to so called modded models with original parts. For the rest of us, just enjoy the watch for what it is.

cicindela, FatPhil and Rodmar like this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 26, 2017

Stunning. Just stunning. Congrats and enjoy!

1320Fly, cicindela and mpcdude like this.
  14. chows99 Mar 26, 2017

A wrist shot will be awesome!

shutterlife likes this.
  15. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 26, 2017

Exactly the same feeling here. A lot of excitement down to a :unsure: feeling...

Nevertheless, I love this dial as @mpcdude does and hope he will enjoy his modded Speedmaster ;)

Still, I desperately hope to manage getting myself the original Mistukoshi one day.... and yes, I dislike Pepsi :D

cicindela and demchocholips like this.
  16. Vulffi Mar 26, 2017

Beautiful dial ! Enjoy your new watch !

cicindela and mpcdude like this.
  17. mpcdude Mar 26, 2017

I totally get your point. Thus, I've changed the title. Cheers.

18. mpcdude Mar 26, 2017

Shall post one later on in the day. Thanks everyone!

19. gill Mar 26, 2017

Stunning, congrats!

cicindela and mpcdude like this.
  20. mpcdude Mar 26, 2017

Here's a wristy!

IMG_8801.JPG