Forums Latest Members
  1. eastenddom Feb 10, 2019

Hey guys, just wanted to say that although I have only just joined, i have been lurking for a long time. I have been interested in vintage omega since childhood and for my first one wanted something larger even though anything over a 36mm that isn't a funky dynamic dial is out of my price range yet.

I came to the conclusion that most collectors of vintage here seem to like the 166.032 and its cal 751 cousin, it took me quite a while to find one i felt like i could pull the trigger on, i have attached some pictures below. Im going to send it to get serviced as the date gets stuck halfway on the quick set on some numbers and needs the hour to be advanced to get it down to try again.

Although i knew i wanted the sparkle dial the white one really did catch my eye and i lost out on a perfect example but blew it and didn't pull the trigger on time, this one came up recently and i thought i would take a chance.

It is the silver sparkle and i love it
    https://imgur.com/a/ckI25zf

Let me know what you think and if you see anything out of the ordinary and i appreciate you guys for creating enough content to have someone who doesn't know much about watches make an informed choice.

s-l1600-3.jpg
  2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 10, 2019

Nice, and a great bracelet!

Make sure the watchmaker doesn't polish away that finish.

eastenddom likes this.
  3. eastenddom Feb 10, 2019

i will make sure he doesn't do too much, ideally servicing the movement and the date issue and maybe sonic cleaning bracelet but that's all i would want done.

4. fskywalker Feb 11, 2019

Nice catch, congrats and welcome to the club. My 166.032’s say hi ! :thumbsup:

88DB6452-BB1A-48FA-8189-E79B36B84245.jpeg

1EF3EAE3-D719-4B67-B38E-F24B372F0D66.jpeg

Edited Feb 11, 2019
    mistexbs, warrydog and eastenddom like this.
  5. eastenddom Feb 11, 2019

Thanks, only little problem I just found is the end link at the bottom is smaller than the top and moves, it’s weird they are both stamped 48 and one fits and the other runs smaller.

Any suggestions is 48 the right end link for this?

Thanks

6. hungdangnguyen23 Feb 11, 2019

Nice 166.032, I have one myself. Great wrist presence for a 35mm watch

warrydog likes this.
  7. warrydog Feb 11, 2019

I like mine quite a bit.. It fits my wrist quite well, is the right size, and easy to read and set.
    I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
    Best wishes,
    Tom