Forums Latest Members
  1. sidmind Sep 8, 2013

I picked this up today at the fleamarket of all places for a measly $30, and it runs. I had planned on flipping this, but I every watch fan should have at least one Omega.

The case back shows 166.0209 and the movement model is 1020, this puts it around 1975

I also need to pick up a new crown, as this one is stripped, anyone know what tread size it is? 8 or 10? also the crown on it has no Omega symbol on it, does this mean it was a replacement?

The guy also has a few other Omegas for $30 each, which I have photos of on my phone, they were not as nice looking and probably older models. was not sure if they were worth trying to flip on the bay or not. I mostly collect Bulova's so I dont know much about Omega and the pricing collectibility on the different models. He does have a few Solid gold omega's that I have not seen yet. hopefully I can get him to bring them, he sold me my solid Bulova for $300 so I bet I can get a good deal on them.

IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0178.JPG
  2. sidmind Sep 8, 2013

Here are the other two that I have not purchased yet, one is an anniversary/retirement watch with a company logo. that turned me off of it, but I am wondering if they are still worth $30 each.

IMG_0394.jpg IMG_0393.jpg
  3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 8, 2013

They are definitely worth $30 a piece, especially that 354. It should be worth a couple of hundred by itself and looks like the most valuable out of the bunch. I'll give you $60...;)

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 8, 2013

Yes the 354 movement alone is worth far more then that.

5. sidmind Sep 8, 2013

That's funny then, I could have picked up any of the three, I picked the one I liked the looks of the most, and you guys are telling me the one I thought was the ugliest is worth the most. :) that's about my luck. no problem though, he will be back next Sunday, I will pick up the other two then. hopefully he will bring the solid gold models so I can get a look.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 8, 2013

The ugliest?........that's the most handsome !!!!

sidmind likes this.
  7. alam Sep 8, 2013

Naa, you cant never go wrong when paying $30 on a vintage Omega... :)

8. sidmind Sep 8, 2013

I guess I have some reading to do on Omega watches. I collect Bulova's because they are plentiful and cheap I always thought Omegas where fairly expensive so I never had much interest, but I love learning new things so it will be fun to research and learn what has value and what doesn't.

I still need a crown for it, my google-foo is not turning up which size thread this would have, any help would be appreciated.

would this have a waterproof or dustproof crown? I know I need to eventually find an OEM but when I can find buy a 5$ one to get me by I will.
    http://www.esslinger.com/watchcrownillustrations.aspx#watch_crowns

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2013

Seriously that is by far the best, even has an uncommon two-tone guilloche dial. Replace the crystal, (appears cracked?) clean it and I think you will shocked at how good it looks.

10. Hijak Sep 9, 2013

That waffle dial looks like its in great shape::love:: ...a new crystal and it would look fantastic.:thumbsup: That dial and the 354 bumper movement, think I would have grabbed that at ten times his price! (case doesn't look bad either!)