Forums Latest Members
  1. Hamish02 Dec 21, 2019

Hi all,

Hopefully not too much of a repeat post, I know there’s a lot on the FOIS and it’s bracelet combinations out there, but it’s thanks to OF and these very useful and informative posts that helped me to decide what I was buying. So thank you all for your, I think sometimes we forget, free knowledge and information that helps us along the way :thumbsup:

I have a few vintage Omegas I’ve collected over the last couple of years but finally came to the conclusion I’d like a brand new Speedmaster - I finally settled on the FOIS. I shopped around and finally decided on the grey market but only if I could get the Omega warranty. After initially ordering in October I was let down obtaining the watch (they said lack of supply and they were quite open about it) and finally conceded to look elsewhere.

I stumbled across Dominic Hackett on a OF post and contacted him. I have to say what a great experience it was with him, sent me pictures of the watch, we negotiated a price and I arranged to meet up in his workshop in London where we finalised the deal yesterday. He’s a lovely chap, highly recommended.

So I’d already done my research, purchased a 1125/617 bracelet and end links. Got home, opened the box and removed the original strap right away (not a fan) and proceeded to scratch the inside of the lugs, classic. I decided to stop there and take it to the AD in town to let them fit and size the bracelet - safer option. Interestingly, they wouldn’t do it as the bracelet isn’t standard for the watch, I’m not sure if anyone else has had similar experience? Lucky the Timpsons (UK jack of all trades) round the corner fitted and sized it, no problems. The bracelet looks great on the FOIS, yes the end links pivot up a bit but I knew this already and other that it fits the watch brilliantly.

I’m really pleased with my new Omega, it’s was a long process and involved a lot of research - I think a lot of the fun is in the chase! Thank you to you lot on here who helped me and others make our decisions - a very useful resource. Anyway, I think I’m going to leave OF alone, just for a while, as I don’t think my wallet’s in a very happy place at the moment.

All the best, H.

32921B22-F1BC-4343-B3F7-1AD9A94148D6.jpeg EA1BF853-F652-40E7-9663-5394F064BF8F.jpeg

Dedalus05, Sidnos, TJH and 4 others like this.
  2. ajn3323 Dec 21, 2019

Looks greats - congrats on the FOIS!

Hamish02 likes this.
  3. jjjones Dec 22, 2019

Use some pliers and bend the tabs on the back of the endlinks. You'll be able to bend it so it doesn't move around or 'pivot up'.

4. Badwolf Dec 22, 2019

Very nice. The 1125 definitely suits the FOIS.

Hamish02 likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 22, 2019

FOIS was a nice release, pitty they didn't think about reintroducing the DON bezel
    Wally_moonwatchUniverse.jpg

Hamish02 likes this.
  6. stevec14 Dec 22, 2019

Congrats and bracelet looks great too. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Hamish02 likes this.
  7. Kargol Dec 22, 2019

I love it with the leather band, and it's in my shortlist.. Do you think price will drop?

8. Hamish02 Dec 22, 2019

After my last mishap I think I’ll leave the pliers out of the picture ::facepalm2::

9. KAP Dec 22, 2019

I really like the 1125/617 bracelet on my FOIS too. In case you aren’t aware, there is a short spring bar (Reference 2206 for 19mm lug width and measures 1.8 mm diameter) used with the 1125 bracelet rather than the one that comes with the leather strap (ref 2207). Makes it much easier to install and reduce risk of scratching the lugs. I had to ask the AD for these since they weren’t included in the packaging with the bracelet and end links.

10. Hamish02 Dec 22, 2019

Yeah, I ordered the 2206 springbars. Wasn’t going to risk it myself. The 1125/617 looks amazing so I’m happy to leave it be.