Forums Latest Members

My first Longines, a Flagship 2108

1. kev1976t Oct 3, 2020

Hello everyone.

So as a relative noob, I purchased this Longines in an auction last week. It wasn't for much money really, although was a but of a gamble as there was only 1 picture, and the crystal clearly need to be replaced.
    However after taking delivery I really quite like the watch.
    I managed to get the back of and date it to 1961

I should be able to find someone to replace the glass eventually I guess, but I just wonder, should there be a bezel on there as well ? Ive tried searching for similair online, but still can't tell. If f it should have one, i guess this would be trickier to fix?

Also the lugs, kind of taper to 16mm, Would anyone have suggestions for a nice strap? I would imagine a 16mm leather one, would look to thin for it ? 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

Regards

Sam11, Spruce, Andsan and 2 others like this.
  2. Dan S Oct 3, 2020

The crystal is no big deal, but it does appear to be missing the bezel unfortunately. I hope you can find one, because otherwise it looks great, and I love that date-at-12.

BTW, before someone raises this issue, I will note that lumed hands with an un-lumed dial is a correct combination for this reference, and actually common with Flagships going back to cal 30L references.

Edited Oct 3, 2020
    kev1976t likes this.