My first estate sale…

…and I found something from Omega. Probably would have left empty handed otherwise, as the guy wanted too much for everything.

The huge pile of junk. I spent probably 30-40 minutes going through all this.
IMG_7174.jpeg

I started picking loose movements and any mechanicals I could find. It was almost all quartz stuff.

IMG_7178.jpeg IMG_7179.jpeg

This is for when you get tired of sorting through the junk.

IMG_7175.jpeg

Anybody want a NOS genuine pigskin strap? I think this thing could start the next pandemic.

IMG_7176.jpeg

My final pile. I know it’s hard to see on top of the glass case. It’s about 25 loose ladies movements, almost all non-runners, and a couple of running watches. What I would do with more of these I don’t know. The guy asking too much probably saved me from myself. He wanted $100 for all of it. I was at $10.

IMG_7177.jpeg

I almost went for this Waltham and Caravelle for practice movements but he wanted $15 and $5 respectively and I wasn’t feeling it. They were both running. I probably would have taken the Caravelle if the crystal wasn’t cracked.

IMG_7177.jpeg

I got a bit excited when I grabbed a small movement and saw our favorite word on it. It even has this wonderful patina.

IMG_7185.jpeg

The back is still pretty though even with a bit of rust.

IMG_7186.jpeg

He wanted $5 for two movements which normally I would not pay especially considering I already have a pile of them at home. But I wanted that Omega so I picked a random Hamilton and the Omega. I can’t imagine this caliber is very desirable but it’s probably worth more than $5 and it runs! Maybe I’ll try to Fleabay it or just keep it as a practice movement.

Well, that’s my exciting story for the day. Thanks for reading along!

Good on you. I worked 3rd shift for a spell some time back if I wasn’t too run down I used to love going to the big flea markets early. I would have been worked up seeing a big display of watches but like you I’d usually just find a few things. Cool omega.

Welcome to the club.

Now you will spend a lifetime looking for the cases.

Dang maybe I should have bought the gun instead…