My First Constellation

Hello Omega Forums, I have been eyeing up an Omega Constellation for years and I finally picked up this C case at a local estate sale. I would appreciate any opinions or information on the watch. Its caliber 751, ref.168.029. Thanks in advance.

That's a fantastic pick-up, congratulations! 👍

It definitely needs a service though, so find a decent watchmaker before putting it to serious use.

Great pick up you got there! Will be nice if you can round up an original bracelet for it as well. Looks like you have the acrylic 7XX mvt version with white gold bezel. 👍

Wear it before you send it off for a service. Get a feel for it, check how it keeps time, adjust the hands, the date change and the feel of the crown. It’ll help your watch servicer to know what, if anything, you need him to look at.

Thanks for the responses, I agree It probably needs a good service. Hopefully the quickset date could be fixed easily.
Edited:

Nice catch @Losi11. Great condition. Looks to have the original yellow o ring in back...always wondered about that.

Day dates are great and Omega's are among the best. Congrats 👍

Thanks for the responses, I agree It probably needs a good service. Hopefully the quickest date could be fixed easily.

Do you see the black line on the inside of the caseback? That's where the winding rotor has been rubbing against it, probably because of a worn bushing. This needs to be looked at.

What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? 😀

What a find for an estate sale, especially with the beautiful white gold bezel. Congratulations!

I‘d also be curious about the price, if you don’t mind revealing it, of course. „Estate sale“ gives me a feeling that it might be low enough for this to be a bargain even after a full service. 😀

Do you see the black line on the inside of the caseback? That's where the winding rotor has been rubbing against it, probably because of a worn bushing. This needs to be looked at.

What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? 😀
I see the line on the caseback from the rotor, thanks for pointing that out. I will get this looked at. 👍

I see the line on the caseback from the rotor, thanks for pointing that out. I will get this looked at. 👍
The good folks here may be able to help you find a watchmaker to entrust this to, if you ask and let them know where you are located. There is also lots of sound advice here on instructions to give when having a vintage watch serviced. Don't let that lovely vintage Constellation get turned into a "like new" watch.
Edited: