My dad's seamaster

I know, I know, everybody says don't send it to omega. But it's my dad's watch and that's what he wanted to do. I'm very pleased. All the original parts are still in a baggie so nothing was lost. Looks so good in person. What do you guys think?

If you are happy that is all that matters. Personally, I wouldn't ask what the 'experts' here on OF think of it after the fact.

Beautiful! And if he is happy that is all that matters. And the original parts being available if you ever want to put it back is great. Did they keep the original dial, refinish it or replace it?
Do you have a before pic so we can archive the before and after?
Can you share with the group what the cost was?

I suspect that the original dial was fine in this case, and obviously they didn't even polish the case or the bracelet. Maybe they replaced the crown and crystal.

I suspect that the original dial was fine in this case, and obviously they didn't even polish the case or the bracelet. Maybe they replaced the crown and crystal.
Correct. New crown and crystal. Dial was fine. They had to rebuild the movement. Didn't touch the case or bracelet. Price was $550 total.

Correct. New crown and crystal. Dial was fine. They had to rebuild the movement. Didn't touch the case or bracelet. Price was $550 total.
Perfect! That is a best case scenario and the price was fair IMO for a factory rebuild. That thing is fresh as fresh gets

You should be very proud of that watch.

Edited:

This worked out well. Omega did a great job on the movement and the case and dial etc all remained original. Congrats on a terrific watch.

I think I’d wear the heck out of that watch - it is beautiful! Congrats to the wearer!

It looks great - the only quibble I have is the replaced crown. If the plating hasn't gone from the original, the rubber seal in the original one could be changed by a good watchmaker.

It looks great - the only quibble I have is the replaced crown. If the plating hasn't gone from the original, the rubber seal in the original one could be changed by a good watchmaker.
I was always of them assumption that the seal is captured under a pressed in retainer and cannot be changed. Have you had luck with this and if so, could you share the process?

I was always of them assumption that the seal is captured under a pressed in retainer and cannot be changed. Have you had luck with this and if so, could you share the process?

My process is that I hand in the watch to a watchmaker and get it back a few weeks after… I am not sure if it can be done with all crowns (probably not), but it can be done with a lot of Certina and Omega crowns.