Forums Latest Members
  1. Kij May 7, 2018

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to hlep!!

1. The Satin Gray Face Omega with Gold/Copper hands and markers is a Seamaster 600. Need to Wind this one.
    Everyone seems to think this is a very rare.

2. Beige face Omega says Omega Automatic. The watch repair guy called it a knocker.

Curios wath the are worth and how rare they are. I belwive they are from the 40's or 50's/.
    I just had both service so running very well!

P_20180507_143009.jpg P_20180507_143019.jpg P_20180507_143021.jpg P_20180508_150529.jpg P_20180508_150400.jpg
  2. time flies May 7, 2018

You just had them serviced. They are running well. What did the person doing the service tell you about them other than it's a "knocker"?

Have fun
    kfw

3. Sublime_1 May 7, 2018

The experts will be wanting better/clear shots and shots of the inside of the caseback and movement

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 7, 2018

Need close up shots of the dials well lit.

Also the term is bumper not knocker :)

Caliber561, cicindela, lando and 3 others like this.
  5. mydeafcat May 7, 2018

If they were your father's they are priceless, in my opinion.

And yes, movement images are absolutely essential for valuation and valuable feedback. In terms of marketability, you really must do some research, not only on this site but other watch forums as well. eBay will give you a rough estimate but beware the those who prices are unrealistic and inflated. I love the 600, btw. Beautiful dial.

6. Gurn May 7, 2018

I agree.
    Enjoy them.

mydeafcat likes this.
  7. dxholdren May 7, 2018

I love the grey dial. Textured as well. Fantastic piece

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Edward53 May 7, 2018

Absolutely, the dial on the 600 is really exceptionally nice and pretty scarce.

felsby, Foo2rama and mydeafcat like this.
  9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 7, 2018

If the OP was a hidden sales pitch in violation of forum rules, it clearly worked. Not sure we should be encouraging that.

10. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it May 7, 2018

I'm just wishing ge had two of the same so I could have said we need a close up of the knockers:whistling:

11. ac106 May 7, 2018

This could be a backdoor sales post. In fact it’s a high likelihood.

I would just like to throw out the following:

when a parent dies, often the child is left with a whole household full of stuff. Literally a lifetime of accumulation Often they are overwhelmed and just want to get rid of it Not every single item has sentimental attachment The idea that a father’s watch has no value to the son is insane to us watch nerds. However pretend you were left a diamond studded gold nugget pinky ring. You post it on a jewelry forum looking for a value and are attacked because it’s your father’s treasured item and you should be ashamed for not keeping and wearing it. You might think them a little askew.

MaiLollo, BartH, felsby and 9 others like this.
  12. rcs914 May 7, 2018

This, this, this, a thousand times this. I've lost both my parents, and both were hoarders. Hell, my mom managed to have two houses even that I had to clean out. I had to throw tons of sentimental items in the trash can - letters, cards, etc. All of the antiques that I grew up with at my grandmother's that then went to my mom were sold at firesale prices or given away. I have my own house, my own family, etc. I don't have the place for the stuff or a way of keeping it. What I had to learn is that just because someone else was sentimentally attached to something doesn't mean that I need to be as well. This is a difficult lesson. I still have boxes of carbide mining lamps I need to get rid of. The suggestion that somehow because an item belonged to ones parents that it is thus a sentimental treasure is completely misguided.

This being said, my dad's watch is a sentimental treasure to me, but then I bought it for him too. And I don't think it would be one to most people here since it's a G-shock.

13. Alphasports May 7, 2018

I've been kicking around the idea of selling one of my grandfather's old Longines Tre Tacche's that apparently has significant value but which I am unlikely to wear anymore (I wore it for years in my teens, oblivious to its value). I tend to be very sentimental but I agree with rcs914. My reasoning is I would rather sell a valued but unworn watch to someone who will take good care of it and hopefully even wear it, than relegate it to the bottom of my watch drawer never to be seen until it's someone's turn to toss out all my accumulated crap!

14. redpcar May 7, 2018

Kij was last seen today at 2:31pm. Probably sold the watches at 2:30pm ;)

ulackfocus and Syrte like this.
  15. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 7, 2018

Even if you don't sell it I'd love to see a wrist shot!

16. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 7, 2018

I'm calling mine "knockers" from now on!
    (Sorry, Syrte and Lady friends, we are pigs, you know).

17. FREDMAYCOIN May 7, 2018

Very good perspective

18. time flies May 7, 2018

Some years ago the father of a childhood friend died. The strongest memory I have of the father was the fact he played guitar as a bit of a hobby/distraction . I asked my friend what he was going to do with the guitar i remembered so clearly . " I smashed it" he said. "Why?" said I. "Because" said my friend " He never let me touch it, spent more time with it than with me or mom. I hated it"

Just got to thinking. ..anyway.

Have fun
    kfw

jimmyjay and michael22 like this.
  19. michael22 May 7, 2018

Nice watches.
    I understand the reason for market place rules, but if new owners do want to pass on an old watch, it is good that they can sell them to OF members, IMO.
    I find it hard to get upset about a vaguely hidden attempt to sell watches like these under the table. They will be sold somewhere.

Alphasports, MaiLollo and felsby like this.
  20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 7, 2018

There are reasons for the rules. I don't find it difficult at all to get pissed off about it.

eugeneandresson, adi4 and ac106 like this.