Forums Latest Members
  1. zkramez Nov 29, 2021

Is this the best Omega you can buy right now or is it a gimmick?

Small background on myself, I have flipped over 100 Omega watches in the last 2 years. The majority being Seamasters, Speedmasters, and Planet oceans. From brand new in box all the way to a 1957 Seamaster and everything between. I am an omega fanatic.

I walked into the boutique Saturday finally ready to purchase a watch for myself that I would never flip. I always wanted a Speedmaster for myself. It is my all time favorite watch and I've flipped a bunch of Daytona's. Not for me. By pure luck the boutique had a Bond edition seamaster and I quickly jumped on it. I am a huge bond fan and a big seamaster fan. I didn't go with the speedy like I intended because I know for my wedding coming up I will have the opportunity to get another forever watch. This bond watch was something special. Every time I go to visit Andrew at the boutique I asked about this watch. They always had 1 in stock but NEVER on bracelet only on the NATO. If I was to buy this watch it has to be the bracelet just like Bond.

Well. I was doing black Friday shopping and they had one on display on bracelet. I quickly scooped it up before someone else could. I could not be happier if I tried!

On to the review...

Bracelet
    Ill start with the bracelet since it was a must for me. I actually don't like it. The clasp is too big and makes it site funny on my wrist. I do love the look of it though so I am keeping it. It looks too good for me to care. Sometimes hair gets pinched as well. I'm am okay with that as in my experience most bracelets do that.

Style
    This watch emulates a vintage / patina style watch. I personally love the vintage look. I know some people are upset that they emulated patina however it doesn't bother me at all. I am a big fan. I think of it more as a milk chocolate color rather than emulated patina.

The loom on the bezel is striking and much needed as the regular version of the watch doesn't have it. It is also thinner than the regular seamaster with a cool domed sapphire glass. I LOVE IT. It reminds me of hesalite on a speedy.

Final thoughts
    The watch is very light due to it being titanium and wears great with long sleeves. Much better than the regular speedmaster. Do I think it is worth double the price tag? No I do not. Did I care? No I did not! The watch is too beautiful.

I do wish that it was not Bond inspired. People that do not like Bond are turned away from the watch. I love Bond and Daniel Craig but the Seamaster should have just been like this all along. It truly does compete with its rival the Rolex Submariner. The fact that it is the same price and I can say it goes head to head is unbelievable. The only difference is I can get a bond watch. I cant get a sub.

1.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg

2. It's Hedley Nov 29, 2021

Excellent review and congrats on a great looking watch!

zkramez likes this.
  3. zkramez Nov 29, 2021

Thank you! It truly is awesome!

4. ChiefMark Nov 29, 2021

I love this watch, and wish they would do more no-date Seamasters. I wish they had put AR on the crystal, at least on on the inside.
    Gorgeous piece though, stunning watch. Well done review!

zkramez likes this.
  5. zkramez Nov 29, 2021

Thank you! Thats a good point! Forgot about the lack of AR.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 29, 2021

If your not flipping it, why not adjust the bracelet?

crd and zkramez like this.
  7. zkramez Nov 29, 2021

I will eventually put it on a nato strap but I like the look of the bracelet a lot. It doesn't bother me enough to change it. Also you cannot adjust the milanese bracelet from my understanding.

8. neyromantis Nov 29, 2021

The NTTD has AR inside the dome crystal,and this is the right way.
    It’s so stupid to ruin the scratch resistance properties of sapphire by applying AR on the outside.

StudebakerHawk likes this.
  9. stevec14 Nov 29, 2021

It looks from your pic that you could adjust it by one hole maybe on the bracelet. It looks pretty loose to me.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 29, 2021

Planet Oceans since about 1/2 way through the 1st Gen have modern AR on the inside and outside which does not have issues flaking off or being scratched.

cvalue13 likes this.
  11. Crunchie Nov 29, 2021

Is going through 100 watches in two years fun?

It seems very unusual to me.

How do you make memories or build a bond with a watch if you’re flipping on average one a week?

12. zkramez Nov 29, 2021

That’s a great question. Some watches sit longer than others. Also I flip mostly omega so I am usually in and o it if the same watch a lot. It’s like anything in life. When you like something and it clicks you just know it from day one.
    Also as far as fun goes… I meet a lot of great people and have come across some insane watches. I’ve had so many it’s just cool to get some personal time with so many brands and styles even if it’s just for a few weeks at a time.

13. Aconitase Nov 30, 2021

Looks like we have the same local OB! :thumbsup:

I haven't had a chance to pop in yet, but I heard from a buddy:
    - They literally moved in last week, and the new place is 2x as small as the old location
    - After dealing steel sports models out the backdoor, Sidney Thomas lost its Rolex license; the head salesman quit and became a grey dealer, and the new Rolex boutique next door and its empty cases opened up just recently (Perhaps Omega moved right next door as a strategic move?)
    - There's no watchmaker counter inside the boutique anymore
    - Price increase imminent

Are any/all of the above true? Since you've picked up the NTTD, will Andrew be lonely now? ;) And a big congrats on your pickup.

14. zkramez Nov 30, 2021

Haha yes it’s all true. The new boutique is very small but they did a great job with the layout. I like it a lot.
    And yes Sydney Thomas was a bunch of a holes with the giant fat guy who literally took watches from the store and sold them on the gray market. I always hated that guy haha

if you’re ever in the area hit me up haha my office is down the street from the mall.

Aconitase likes this.
  15. vintage hab Nov 30, 2021

I also love this watch. It's too expensive, but I bought it for myself with an unexpected small inheritance. The bracelet is super comfortable and the watch is very light. I do wish it had AR on the outside too, and the hands can sometimes be a little difficult to see. If the bracelet bothers you, you can buy a shorter one that may fit you better (there are several threads on this).

It's regularly in my rotation and is a long-term keeper for me. Mine says hi.
    IMG_7675.jpg

16. zkramez Nov 30, 2021

Awesome! Not many people got it on bracelet! Good choice!

17. vintage hab Nov 30, 2021

I actually also bought the Nato that goes with it. It's still in its wrapper. I figured I would want the set long-term.

zkramez likes this.
  18. zkramez Nov 30, 2021

That’s a good idea actually

19. Alman28 Nov 30, 2021

Looks amazing. I just bought my first Omega after months of digital shopping and it was the white dial Seamaster. I definitely would have went with this one if it was closer to the price of the other seamasters. I also got an excellent deal from AAFES on Thanksgiving, so couldn't pass it up. Love the lumed bezel on this one, though. Awesome purchase, bro!

vintage hab and zkramez like this.
  20. zkramez Nov 30, 2021

Thank you!