Forums Latest Members
  1. rob09 Jan 3, 2019

Then came back to life.

Never had an issue with it before and this has me freaked out.

Holidaying in Switzerland (Ironically) and when I got up this morning, had it had stopped at 3:00am. Took it off for bed about 10Pm, I guess. Worn everyday and never had it do this before.

Anyway, wound it 50 times (think I did it right, just unscrew crown and turn clockwise), then screeed crown back in. Gave it a gentle shake, did nothing. Looked inside and winding seemed to turn the big gear, but the black balance wheel (I think it’s called?), wasn’t moving. Nothing made it work at all.

Anyway, went and showered, came back and low and behold, magically running again. Then stopped. Repeated process and same again. Then low and behold, seemed to wake up and has now kept perfect time for about 8 hours.

Now, I must add a few things that may have (unlikely) contributed, as they weren’t normal, for me anyway;

- I went from warm hotel, into -5 (said felt like -10) degree C outdoor cold, multiple times (son had never seen snow and it started snowing).

- Was on a bedside table with my digital SLR and iPad with magnetic case, while they backed up pics to iPad. Shouldn’t affect it but and definitely not stop it.

I went to Omega boutique in Lucern today, but they wouldn’t even discuss it without warranty card. Tried to ask if there’s a chance it just ran out of reserve, but I’ve been travelling for weeks with it on my wrist and can normally wear a different watch for a couple of days, without issue. Also doesn’t explain why it didn’t restart after winding.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything I can look for through case back?

Thank you in advance.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 3, 2019

Look for a missing screw somewhere in the movement...

rob09 likes this.
  3. Slowpoker Jan 3, 2019

Honestly it sounds like something is jamming the movement. I would definitely grab the warranty card and go to the nearest boutique.

I just wanted to add that the temperature differences shouldn't cause a huge issue especially since your wrist would be keeping the watch somewhat warm.

Edited Jan 3, 2019
    rob09 likes this.
  4. rob09 Jan 3, 2019

Thanks guys. Not home (where warranty info is) for another couple of weeks.

@Archer I’ll take some macros with my camera and have a look see. Have you seen this in this movement?

Thanks again.

5. rob09 Jan 3, 2019

6. rob09 Jan 3, 2019

All looks good. In saying that, I don’t have reading glasses here.

7. Slowpoker Jan 3, 2019

Hmm..

Yep it looks just like my Seamaster 300. Do you hear any sort of rattling or noises out of the ordinary inside?

The issue may be deeper in the movement. You'll be okay to get this repaired under warranty once you return.

rob09 and Foo2rama like this.
  8. rob09 Jan 3, 2019

Nothing at all, no sound and since this morning, perfectly in time. Guess I’ll just have to wait until back to OZ.