My 168.005 Connie, very first Omega

After some months of research I finally found my very first Omega. Just want to share it here.
Thanks OF!

Like 4
Maybe it's me or the pic is out of focus but looks like a redial. I do love the reference though.

I don’t mean to rain on the OP’s parade, but it looks like a redial to me as well. Dial text doesn’t look correct, but perhaps it’s the photo?

Like 2
Sorry, that makes three of us.

Pic blows up real big if you click on it, not pretty.

Like 1
gianluomega, where did you buy this watch? If it was from a sales platform like eBay or a dealer's website, did the sales listing say anthing about the dial being restored, refinished or repainted? If it did not, you have a very good case for a return and a refund even if the seller specified no returns. An ethical seller would have disclosed a refinished dial to you. For future reference, the dial represents the most valuable part of any vintage watch and a refinished dial (also called restored or repainted) means that the dial has been stripped of its original text and then reprinted. This is what we call a "redial." A redial is never as good as the original dial in terms of the quality of printing and it drasticaly reduces the value of any vintage watch. See if you can get your money back and, next time, before you buy another watch run it by the folks here for their opinions. It can save you a lot of money and headaches. Good luck.

Like 1
Try taking some better photos of your watch.

It might be the iphone's noise reduction, I assume. I'll take better pictures with the camera tomorrow, let's see.

I don’t mean to rain on the OP’s parade, but it looks like a redial to me as well. Dial text doesn’t look correct, but perhaps it’s the photo?

However, what makes you guys think it's a redial? Just to understand

there's low light right now, I cannot do better than this. Tomorrow with good light I will try again. What do you all think?

there's low light right now, I cannot do better than this. Tomorrow with good light I will try again. What do you all think?
he
WAY better photos. Looks great. Your original pic was just bad. The star looked crooked and the printing appeared really bad.

Way better photo. Your original pic was just poorly done. The fonts seemed crooked and badly done and the star looked tilted. The photos from the sales ad are awesome. Great pickup.

Like 1
Our concern is that the printed text in your original photo appeared to be very irregular and of poor quality which is usually an indication of a reprinted dial.

In your new photos it looks much better.

I'll reiterate what's been said many times, good quality photos are a must for proper evaluation, this "clearly" proves it.

Screen Shot 2024-06-28 at 12.32.15 PM.png 11.jpg 12.jpg

Like 2
The new photos are much better. Not a redial and a nice pickup.

Like 2
My bad, I hadn’t noticed how bad iPhone pictures looked, I was just excited to share it.

Like 2
My bad, I hadn’t noticed how bad iPhone pictures looked, I was just excited to share it.
Cant blame you for wanting to show it off. Focus is your friend. :D

Like 1
The new photo does remove my doubt. In the first photo, the top minute mark does not seem to align to the 12 o'clock mark, but the new photo shows perfect alignment.

Nice watch :thumbsup: I’m not sure if this is just your first Omega, or your first vintage watch, so I’ll note that as the ad stated, it will need a service.