Forums Latest Members

MUST READ!! Scammer got played!...

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2020

So today, I listed a watch on fleebay and within 2 minutes of it going live a message comes through...

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 13.00.09.png

Immediately I knew this was a scam, I'm sure some of you guys have seen it before so I played along...

First email to Terry...

Hi Terry,
    Thanks for the message.
    I will accept £9650 plus £15 shipping if bought direct from me minus ebay. I have plenty of feedback on various platforms and known worldwide so you won’t have any issues.

Terry:

Hi,
    I will pay your asking price of £9,650 and £50 for postage post next day delivery via Royal mail to LU1 *** and Please do you accept paypal instant payment if yes,Please kindly send me invoice or paypal money request to TerryWhite05@XXXXXXXXXX that i can make payment asap.Regards

Me:

Hi Terry

I don’t particularly want PayPal fees associated with the transaction but on this instance I will.

(Terry is insisting on PP as most scammers do with a shady credit card to claim the cash back from claiming fraud once the watch has been delivered or by sending email like below)

Terry:

OK i will proceed with the payment immediately now so all i want you to do now is to kindly end the auction immediately now since you have decide to sell it to me and also Get back to TerryWhite05@ so all i want you to do now is to pack the item now and send me the picture of the item the way you pack it for send out cos i want you to send the item out on time now so that is why thanks.

Name: Terry White
    72b xxxxxx.

Thanks and nice buying from you ...

Terry White..

Payment Will Be Done Soon...

Me:

Invoice Sent. As soon as payment arrives I will end the auction.
    I will send a tracking number and photos once its also been paid for.

Terry:

OK everything will be fine so now i will make the payment done and my paypal will send you an E-mail for the payment confirmation soon for you to know that the payment is done and i will let you know too and i want you to send the item out today so all i want you to do now is to pack the item and send me the picture of the item the way you pack it for send out cos i want you to send the item out today so that is why so take it down thanks

Me:

As soon as payment arrives I will end the auction.
    I will send a Tracking number and photos once its also been paid for as stated in my previous mail.

It will be packaged today and I will try my best to ship today as I am in a series of meetings and will need my colleague to do it but I will only do it on cleared payment remember.

Terry:

Hi,

i just have remitted payment to you via paypal and I also paid paypal charges to ensure you get full payment. my shipping address is registered with paypal and they should send it to you in the payment notification. Please check your paypal email account INBOX or JUNK or other folder for confirmation. as i have been debited. Kindly post the item as soon as possible and let me know when that is done.my address is as follow

Name: Terry White
    72b xxxxx

Please Kindly packaged properly against damage on arrival.Kindly ship the item via Royal Mail Special Delivery on time now.

Thanks and nice buying from you ...

Terry White..

Payment is Done...

Me:

Nothing is showing Terry - How did you pay the funds to PayPal?

Checked junk...

As sure as shit stinks (and it does stink) here is the fake email from PayPal

(the only thing I have blanked out is the address because its clearly not his actual address as they wait outside for royal mail/ DHL/FedEx/UPS to arrive and take the watch.)

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 13.25.36.png

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 13.25.54.png

In the mean time Terry has mailed back.

Ok kindly login into your and check your paypal email XXXXXXX inbox or junk mail folder to see if you received the payment notification email from paypal as they have debited the funds from my account.

Me:

I have seen the email, it says 99% but funds not 100%?

Then this arrives...

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 13.59.37.png

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 14.01.33.png

Terry:

Hi Dear,
    Payment has been made.
    All you have to do after postage is to reply directly to the payment confirmation notice paypal sent to you as at the time i deposited funds to your account,you will need to include the proof of postage, sometime like the shipment tracking number or the postage receipt and i want you to know that 100% sure that once paypal receive the proof of postage from you now, they will immediately release the funds to your account and complete the transaction then you will be able to withdraw the money from your paypal account to your paypal account and i want you to let your mind be at peace, as we are going to have good and smoothly transaction okay.

Me:

Ok.. no problem. My colleague is packing the watch and it will ship today. Tracking to follow.

Here is what he thinks i'm sending...

Don't have the Ed to hand so using a 3570.

IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

But what I'm actually sending....

IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

Ive even bubble wrapped it to the same size of the Omega pouch.

I just wish I could be there to see his face! It's worth the £6.75 for shits and giggles!

IMG_0512.jpg

Terry:

Thanks for the fast reply also get me inform after you have send the item on time now and send me the postage
    receipt .

Me:

Tracking: Royal Mail TY xxxxxxx GB

To Be Continued...

Edited Feb 18, 2020
  2. Capt Cave Man Feb 18, 2020

This should be good...::popcorn::

Edit: You do realise @DLT222, this could the THE thread of 2020 (barring the next LE) :p

Edited Feb 18, 2020
    Eve, JanV, Wuza72 and 3 others like this.
  3. bags1971 Feb 18, 2020

Haha a rock can’t wait for the response

Duracuir1 and DLT222 like this.
  4. Evose Feb 18, 2020

Dude this is gold! Wow haha. Nicely played.

5. gdupree Feb 18, 2020

hahahaha. Good looking ed... If I knew it was from you I would have spammed you myself :). Ive been needing some fresh rocks lately.

6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2020

LOL... I have a load in the back garden!

Duracuir1 likes this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 18, 2020

You could have at least wrote Omega on the rock...

Make sure you do the funds haven’t cleared yet panic and get him to reassure you it’s ok.

Rman, Duracuir1, ahartfie and 13 others like this.
  8. gbesq Feb 18, 2020

You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Great post. Thanks for making my day.

Duracuir1, mblease and DLT222 like this.
  9. Omega-Q Feb 18, 2020

Definitely following this thread! Keep us updated! :)

Duracuir1 and DLT222 like this.
  10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2020

literally lol

Revo, Duracuir1 and Lenny Pepperidge like this.
  11. janice&fred Feb 18, 2020

that would make it a rerock

12. gbesq Feb 18, 2020

Perhaps you should have sent him one of these ...
    DDE2ADA0-12F1-44A0-A500-8FA9186514DB.jpeg

13. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2020

He wasn’t worthy! The rock was too much!

Duracuir1 likes this.
  14. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 18, 2020

Called “rock around the clock”

Duracuir1, Lonestar, ahartfie and 2 others like this.
  15. pongster Feb 18, 2020

Was it a moonrock?

Duracuir1, ahartfie, JohnLy and 3 others like this.
  16. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 18, 2020

Well done Double D :thumbsup: send’em some dog shit next time!

Revo, Duracuir1, DLT222 and 2 others like this.
  17. JwRosenthal Feb 18, 2020

Since I am a novice at this game, when do you find out if the funds did or did not go through?

Duracuir1 and Togri v. 2.0 like this.
  18. pongster Feb 18, 2020

Am also gonna watch.

This thread surely delivers.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  19. Maganator Feb 18, 2020

Haha superb.
    Looking forward to next instalment.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  20. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2020

I actually thought of that... My dog had just dropped a fat one out but figured it would stink and thats not fair on the postie!