Forums Latest Members

Must be on a clock kick this month

1. river rat Oct 30, 2017

I collect any thing that's a military timepiece related and this month I added two clocks to the collection I already posted the RAF clock that I added earlier this month. Well they had a auction up in Bozeman MT a 45 minute drive from me. So go down to the auction and see a Chelsea Maritime Commission deck clock. I was going to bid on a WW1 Navy recruiting poster and this clock. Well the poster sold for higher than I wanted to pay and that clock was at the end of the auction been there for 5 hours so I put in a absentee bid and went home. Well I won just by 25 bucks before it hit my max bid so picked it up today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What's cool the repair sticker the bay area use to be my home for over 50 years even pulled into SF aboard ship when in the Navy. These clocks were on Liberty and Victory ships during WW2. A little history below and the serial number on the dial there missing on most.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Maritime_Commission

Vitezi, Alpha and ConElPueblo like this.
  2. Vitezi Oct 30, 2017

You're in the middle of nowhere if you're only 45 min from Bozeman. :)
    Big sky country.

3. Waltesefalcon Oct 31, 2017

Nice deck clock. I think it might be time for a service though.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 31, 2017

Been to Bozman several times, somehow missed the shipyards :oops:

5. river rat Oct 31, 2017

Check out the phone number on the sticker EXBROOK5888 back in the days you gave the number to the operator to dial it for you.

Waltesefalcon likes this.