Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaFL Nov 9, 2016

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone can shed any light on my new purchase. I just received an Omega Dynamic. Took it straight to my local jeweler and they opened it up. The movement is pristine, like a new born baby they said. Case numbers inside are 135.033, 165.039, 166.039 and the movement is cal. 563. Do these numbers appear correct, as in were they meant to go together? I see a lot of reference to cal. 565, but nothing on cal. 563. It is in great cosmetic condition too. The date setting was a little temperamental, but after a few clicks I think I have it working correctly. That is why it is offset in the photos. Photos attached. Also, can anyone provide a date when this would have been sold, 60's or 70's perhaps? Many thanks!
    New 1.jpg New 2.jpg New 3.jpg New 4.jpg New 5.jpg New 6.jpg New 7.jpg New 8.jpg New 9.jpg New 10.jpg

vlaspri likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 9, 2016

Google "Omega 563" plenty of info.

It's a mid 70's watch if I remember correctly. The case is in pretty great shape!

lezlangdon and OmegaFL like this.
  3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 9, 2016

I believe movement 563 is the 17 jewel version of the movement 565 (which had 24 jewels.)
    In an effort to save on USA customs duty fees, the 17 jewel movements were OEM on watches exported to the USA.

lezlangdon, Woodward and OmegaFL like this.
  4. OmegaFL Nov 10, 2016

Thank you both for the info. I have spent some time on Google but was concerned that it was what they appear to call a Frankenstein watch or "Frankenwatch". A watch made up of pieces from other watches that were not true to its actual production.

5. lezlangdon Likes arguing with halfwits in need of girlfriends Feb 5, 2021

These are underrated watches and you have a rarity cherish it.

6. vlaspri Feb 5, 2021

That’s an awesome catch, according to your words about the movement and the look of case you’ve got a great bargain! Congrats!