Mourning my stolen Helvetia

Posts
653
Likes
961
Dear forum,

A moment of silence please for what I was very excited to own, another 1930s waterproof beauty, this Helvetia:



For those of you familiar with the model - it was a waterproof watch a la Huber Nautica or A&F Shipmate.

It was stolen from DHL on its way to Lyon, France. Absolutely gutted.

If you see it, please let me know as I would very much like to add it to my collection!
 
Posts
345
Likes
1,042
Sorry to hear, so disappointing. If I see it listed online will definitely visit this thread
 
Posts
13,935
Likes
54,146
Very cool watch and most unfortunate.
 
Posts
207
Likes
245
Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind me asking what is the story of the theft? I had a watch (thankfully safely) delivered by DHL this week, but I was very nervous about this happening.
Edited:
 
Posts
536
Likes
2,689
That's a real bummer! 😧

I'll keep an eye out if it ever appears on one of the usual sales sites...
 
Posts
653
Likes
961
Yes, insured thank god. Bought through Ebay.

It first showed on tracking as being destroyed, I opened a case with DHL and they admitted to the package being stolen, among other parcels, on its way to Lyon!
 
Posts
653
Likes
961
Sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind me asking what is the story of the theft? I had a watch (thankfully safely) delivered by DHL this week, but I was very nervous about this happening.
I am feeling even more nervous as I have another DHL parcel coming in, and another czech parcel on its way…
 
Posts
207
Likes
245
I am feeling even more nervous as I have another DHL parcel coming in, and another czech parcel on its way…

I am sure it will be fine. To me it sounds like it was someone outside of DHL that stole it. I can’t imagine an employee could manage to steal many parcels at once at the sorting centre.
 
Posts
536
Likes
2,689
Can DHL specify where exactly it has been stolen? Was that before reaching France?
 
Posts
653
Likes
961
Can DHL specify where exactly it has been stolen? Was that before reaching France?
Its still an open case… i hope they do tell me. I will scouring le bon coin, vinted in wild hopes of finding it
 
Posts
536
Likes
2,689
Where was it coming from? Local sites, as Le Bon Coin is for a French audience, might also be a possibility.
 
Posts
653
Likes
961
Where was it coming from? Local sites, as Le Bon Coin is for a French audience, might also be a possibility.
From the UK!