Motorcycle & watch pic thread?

1. scv55 Apr 17, 2017

Who's down? Any riders on this forum?

Ill start..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 17, 2017
  2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 17, 2017

but I sold my best bikes before I signed on here!
    jawa350ss.JPG sony.jpg wedding shot.jpg

3. scv55 Apr 17, 2017

Love it! Still counts! You've got great taste. Tell us more about the bikes, the Bimmer and Triumph look pre war?

4. BPD Apr 17, 2017

Well, I ride these....
    IMAG0103[1].jpg

While my wife rides this....::confused2::
    02_Front.JPG

Mad Dog, voere and scv55 like this.
  5. sgtpry Apr 17, 2017

Speedmasterfan88, Mad Dog and voere like this.
  6. simon.pearl Apr 17, 2017

Great bike and watch, I used to ride a BMW but just to damn dangerous in SF now days, too many stupid drivers. Sadly I traded my Speedy too though now on a hunt to replace it.

7. scv55 Apr 17, 2017

Thanks! Despite what you see in my photo (I was just cruising in my neighborhood) I always wear full protection; armored jacket, jeans, boots and full face helmet. Safety is always on my mind, I understand the risk I take every time I get on the bike. Its just part of the experience unfortunately. Taking a safety course (required by law in FL) taught me a lot about being vigilant and emergency maneuvers etc, but theres only so much you can do and that begins with wearing the right gear. Another thing that helps is riding with a friend, I usually go for a ride with my brother.

8. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 17, 2017

The BMW is a 62 R27 250 single, lovely little thing that had to go because it cost too much to run for a guy in college. The Triumph is a 53 TRW flat head 500 twin, ex Canadian army, rode it for years until my buggered up old back said it had had enough of the rigid frame. Stripped it of all the military bags and blackout mask for the wedding shot. Replaced it with a Soviet army flat twin, at least it had springs!

then there was the Royal Oilfield.... 17+ years of fun and dead reliable transport.... outlived the new Kawasaki Ninja that was bought to replace it and is still out there.... somewhere....

P1000516.JPG

Genuine Jawa stereo stand.... "Der Frau" didn't think it was nearly as cool as I did.... the dirtbike in the living room was allowed to stay longer.... taught her not to leave me alone at home for long periods though....

P1000360.JPG

Edited Apr 17, 2017
    pippy, Mad Dog, voere and 1 other person like this.
  9. scv55 Apr 17, 2017

The Enfield is another great classic, wow. Glad to see the company is back, and staying true to their roots with their 'new' models.
    In love with the simplicity of old bikes, you can just sit there and disassemble them in your mind. Thats one of the things that drew me onto my BMW. Its very simple and mechanical (to modern standards). Its air/oil cooled, no fairings, no traction control, dry clutch, shaft drive..its a wonderful experience. This oil-cooled boxer twin from BMW will likely be the companies last due to new emission standards coming in 2019/2020 in Europe (EU5 I believe). Its from the old 1200GS so it should run forever, well at least I hope it does! I've been wanting to do a build of an early '70s Honda CB550/750..pretty popular thing to do because they made so many of the things.

Fritz likes this.
  10. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 17, 2017

American Made

ahug.jpg
    Mad Dog, sgtpry and scv55 like this.
  11. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 17, 2017

yeah, there's a lot to be said for simple, uncomplicated machines...
    P1010091.JPG
    this pig has a CPU just to run the front suspension.

as for old Hondas... I've no idea what you're on about... nope, no idea whatsoever

DSC00271.JPG

12. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 17, 2017

Former rider while on military active duty. My last bike is pictured below...a 1988 Suzuki GSXR 750...too much bike for me...got scared and sold it. NOTE: Although a watch is not visible below, I'm probably wearing my beloved Seiko 6309-7049 (which I still own and wear). :thumbsup:

Circa 1988 - 1989 at the NAS North Island BOQ (San Diego, CA)...

IMG_4662.JPG

Edited Apr 17, 2017
    pippy, Lewismark and scv55 like this.
  13. bryanmanio Apr 17, 2017

8286C905-AC2E-43AE-90C9-6E345E5F94EB.jpg

Custom '77 CB550. Currently pissing gas due to a stuck carb float, which I'll fix tomorrow then take for the first ride of the season.

14. scv55 Apr 18, 2017

Sweet, was this the bike Tom Cruise rode in Top Gun??

Killer ride! Koker tires are a great touch.

15. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 18, 2017

No...I believe that Tom Cruise rode a Kawasaki Ninja 900 in Top Gun.

16. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Apr 18, 2017

I owned the same GSXR 750 as yours back in the mid eighties that was considered a great bike. Times sure do change now I drive a ultra glide. Nice bike for touring my wife will get on the UG with me.
    A few friends of mine own bikes during the summer months we manage to take a road trip every three to four weeks apart. Weekend rides maybe cover 200 to 300 miles to a resort area spend a day or two and back home.
    A few weeks ago my Son took delivery of a Kawasaki H2r. On Good Friday my wife and I spent the day with his family. he said hey Dad you want to take the Kawasaki for a spin. He figured I was just going to ride around his neighborhood for a few blocks and come back.
    He sure was wrong after ten minutes into my journey. I was at a red light called him on my cell phone. I said I'll be back in an hour or so. I went to a long test ride. Damn that bike is fast. I short shifted most of the time just to keep the front wheel on the ground. I spent a lot of the ride tapping the brakes to keep the front wheel down..
    The bike handles fantastic I had fun. I really like the seat on the H2r on rapid take off you do not have to hang on the dear life for fear of sliding off the seat. I told him beware I have keys to your house and from time to time I may stop by and borrow your bike.
    He just gave me a funny look and said Ok Dad. I told him pay back is a B*TCH. When he was young he was always wanting to drive my cars or bikes Now it's my turn to play. I figure turnabout is fair play.

scv55 and Mad Dog like this.
  17. Lewismark Apr 19, 2017

I really need to use this more on the odd occasion we get any decent weather over here. Last of the 4 cylinders.
    20170419_171234.jpg

scv55 and Mad Dog like this.
  18. Lewismark Apr 19, 2017

He certainly did, or a Gpz as we called them over here. An almost stock version won the Isle of Man production TT, pretty collectible now as is your Gixxer.

Mad Dog likes this.