Forums Latest Members
  1. Jsroberts8 Oct 18, 2020

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for some more information about this watch that has been handed down to me. It obviously isn't in the best shape, but I want to know as much as possible before I start looking at any sort of restoration. Can anybody share any details? Age? Model information? Movement? Also, what would you do to restore without hitting the value? It is a special piece, so I don't mind a few scratches, bit I want it to run smoothly so a service is needed.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20201017_164802.jpg Screenshot_20201017_164743.jpg
  2. Mazoue Oct 18, 2020

Hello and welcome.

If you could confirm the serial number, which is below the 48801/3 case reference on the case back, then we will be able to accurately date the watch.

I can tell you it's gold plated but you probably already knew that.

What's the size? It looks relatively small and may be a ladies' watch.

In terms of restoration, a service along with a new crystal and a replacement hand for the small seconds sub dial and it will be as good as new.

Dan S likes this.
  3. Jsroberts8 Oct 18, 2020

Hi Mazoue, thanks for your reply. The serial number is 1937388 so I think that makes it around 1957-59? The watch is currently still being sent to me, but I am told that it measure *around 3cm across the face* so I would imagine that is ladies size?