Forums Latest Members
  1. Wipeywhy Jun 19, 2019

Hi everybody,

I have previously been a lurker and this is my first post so please be gentle.

If this has been asked before please feel free to point me there. I have done a search, but couldn't see anything.

I have a modern Moonwatch on a leather strap, but quite fancy a bracelet. I tried one with the current bracelet offered by Omega at a local AD and the endlinks protrude out quite significantly, to the point where is makes the watch too large for my small 6.5 inch wrist (I can just get away with it on the leather strap). Are there any bracelets that have endlinks that do not protrude out this way that I should consider or is this a lost cause?

Many thanks in advance.

2. guwipa Jun 19, 2019

Hi Wipeywhy,

some would recommend a 1171/633ish bracelet which was oem equipped in the 70th. Even available new at your trusted Omega dealer :)

Try a search onb it and you will find a neverending reading pleasure.
    Cheers,

Winny

3. guwipa Jun 19, 2019

4. Wipeywhy Jun 19, 2019

Hi guwipa,

Thanks for the speedy and informative response

5. guwipa Jun 20, 2019

At your service, Sir :)

6. Wipeywhy Jun 21, 2019

Picked one up yesterday. I can see why some people have said it is a bit rattly, but for me it feels so much nicer my wrist than the 1998.

Thanks again guwipa.

IMG_20190621_085033.jpg
    LeonDeBayonne, guwipa and Foo2rama like this.
  7. guwipa Jun 23, 2019

Hi Wipey,

That's indeed a great bracelet combination to the moonwatch . You did well,Mate.

Congrats!!

8. steelfish Jun 23, 2019

That’s a great combo there, well done on getting it sorted.

Hopefully you won’t feel I’ve jacked your thread but I’m wondering if I can do something roughly the same with my co-axial moonwatch?

I have the speedy 9300 on bracelet with 21mm lug width and 44.25 mm watch head.

I did get the part number of the new speedy racing bracelet but:

A: it’s 600 quid

B: it might not fit as the watch head on the new speedy racing is thinner (and now 50mm WR instead of 100)

Is it possible to get some kind of replacement end links that go down rather than out and use them on my existing speedy bracelet?

9. guwipa Jun 23, 2019

Hi Steelfish,

Haven’t heard about such option since current bracelets got their (solid) Endlinks fitted by an extra pin and their springbar fits through the Endlinks itself.

And the older versions only knew 20 mm l2l which limits potential options accordingly

You could also get an 1171/1 bracelet with 633 links to prove if it works for you or not but perfect fit might look different at the end of the day

Edited Jun 23, 2019
  10. steelfish Jun 24, 2019

That’s a good point. Just looking now and there’s actually two screws for the link connecting to the end link. So effectively a female bracelet minus the end link. The new bracelets are male minus the end link. Bummer.

11. guwipa Jun 24, 2019

Just took a while to get what you said but now I would like to state my vice versa :)

To me the 633ish Endlinks look female and the solid links of the current brace are clearly mal:cool:

steelfish likes this.
  12. steelfish Jun 24, 2019

Yeah it’s not a simple think to get across the internet is it! I had to look back at your pics and work out what you were saying. But yeah I agree with you. Bracelets and end links for my present speedy are the opposite sexuality than your new end links and bracelet.