Forums Latest Members

Moonwatch Co-Axial Clasp Springbar

1. W.H.R. Feb 21, 2016

Hi there,

Greetz from a forum greenhorn from across the Atlantic resp. the Channel.
    I recently bought a Co-Axial Moonwatch (december 31 to end 2015 with a bang :) ) on the black alligator strap for which I already bought a replacement strap from Yinzerniner.
    Now was I wondering if I need to replace the springbars already when I change the straps? And if yes, by searching the forum I found the correct partnumbers for the springbars at the lugs. But could someone perhaps tell me the correct partnumber and dimensions of the springbar at the deployment clasp?

Bedankt (Dutch for thanks),

Roel

watchme likes this.
  2. wayneG Feb 21, 2016

Forgive me if it's a silly question, but why would you need to replace the springbars?

3. W.H.R. Feb 21, 2016

Well, that's actually one of my questions. The control freak in me wants to be sure that these parts can be used several times, if not bend or broken during the process of swapping straps. And to have spares ready in case I actually damage them.

4. yinzerniner Feb 22, 2016

Hey WHR, and thanks again.
    You usually don't need to replace the springbars that inserts into the clasp that often, but just and FYI and good quality 18mm springbar should work. The springbar that comes with the clasp should work for at least the life of the strap. Just make sure the springbar and the springbar end that goes into the hole isn't too large a diameter - 1mm main body diameter with a .5mm end diameter is usually standard for an 18mm springbar. Also, if you're near an OB they usually give springbars for free and will oftentimes change straps and bracelets for you.

5. W.H.R. Feb 22, 2016

Thanks for the reply.
    The OB's are not very near so I'll order a couple of springbars just in case and do it myself. I'll post a couple of pics once I've managed to swap the straps.

6. W.H.R. Feb 28, 2016

I managed to swap the straps. I could still make use of all the original springbars. It was easier than I thought.

Before (picture taken @ the AD):

IMG_20151231_115925.jpg

After:

IMG_20160228_120115.jpg