Forums Latest Members

Montblanc TimeWalker Manufacture Chronograph

1. chum_2000_uk Apr 29, 2019

What are people's thoughts on the Montblanc TimeWalker Manufacture Chronograph?

I really want a slightly vintage looking panda Dial chrono at some point. I'd love a Mitsukoshi Speedmaster (or one of the variants with that dial), but they are too expensive and I can't be bothered to mod one to that spec.

There's not too many panda Dial watches that really catch my eye, but when I saw this it intrigued me. I just don't really know much Montblanc as a manufacturer and people's perceptions of them as a brand. TimeWalker_Manufacture-Chronograph_118488-3.jpg TimeWalker_Manufacture-Chronograph_118488.jpg

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2019

The bonafides here: in house caliber... nicely finished ... MB has really been leveraging its purchase of Minerva to produce some higher value watches. They are also being taken more seriously by Watch Insiders. I think it’s worth a shot. Were this just a pretty face with an ETA, I’d say pass ..

chum_2000_uk likes this.
  3. chum_2000_uk Apr 30, 2019

Cheers Larry, that's good to know! I know a lot of people will just say if you like the watch then go for it, but as a lot of us know, logic doesn't always figure in this hobby! We'd probably all have £100 quartz watches if it did!

4. Screwbacks Apr 30, 2019

ive been googling the past few days on new releases of mb-minerva watches. i found them quite attractive and competitive coming out with highly conservative design. i like a lot the distinctive mb logo of the crown. if my pocket permits, will consider this in the future to pair with my mb pens.:thumbsup:

chum_2000_uk likes this.
  5. SeanO May 1, 2019

They look very new on the wrist though. If you’re looking for a vintage style panda then it might be a little too modern. I’d recommend looking at the Hamilton Intramatic panda for a slightly more retro look.

6. 77deluxe May 1, 2019

Surprisingly I do like it. I prefer vintage watches but this is nice. Not sure about resale value though. SeanO’s Hamilton Intramatic is a great suggestion as well. Worth a look.

7. chum_2000_uk May 2, 2019

Hmm... Yeah but I don't mind that. I mean, if I had the money I'd probably buy a ceramic rolex daytona, but having tried one on when I was buying my PO 8900 there's no way I'd pay £18k for one, or whatever silly price you have to pay to get hold of one these days!

8. chum_2000_uk May 2, 2019

Wouldn't be too worried about resale value I don't think. I'd go grey market and pay the cheapest price I could find anyway. There are a couple knocking around at about £2800, which is nearly £2k off RRP