Forums Latest Members
  1. Hotwheelbill Jun 19, 2014

I took my 30t2 out to work a couple of days ago and when I got home and took a pic for WRUW and all looks good. I spent a little more time in the yard and after walking inside to remove the watch, it had a circular moisture mark on the center of the crystal. After 15min inside, it was gone. 90* outside, 77* inside. I know my watch is not water proof, but should it have moisture as that in the watch?

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 19, 2014

This is not good. It means that a high level of relative humidity exists in the micro-environment inside the watch. The decrease in termperature from outside to inside causes the water vapor inside the watch to condense. It is likely to cause rust damage in the short term along with spotting of the dial.

A trip to the watchmaker is needed to make sure it is properly oiled.

At worst, a full cleaning will be needed along with new gaskets (if the watch has any).
    gatorcpa

Hotwheelbill likes this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 19, 2014

It happens, especially with this inhuman humidity we've been having in the east (That's where u live, I'd guess, no?). El Niño strikes!

remove the strap, open the crown and stick the watch head in an air tight zip lock with a handful of rice or some other desiccant like a bunch of silica packets.
    Make sure you push as much air out as possible before you seal it up.

24 hours should do the trick.

Try and get a COA and a gasket change, STAT. That's a nice watch and you don't want kill it if you can help it...

Hotwheelbill likes this.
  4. Hotwheelbill Jun 20, 2014

That is some great advice! I may do that today and ship it off like that today. In fact, it may not hurt to do all my watches in rice tonight.