Forums Latest Members

Modern Omega Co-axial Movement Salesman Samples

1. Telmond Mar 25, 2021

Hello Omega watch fans, I was wondering if anyone has information on Omega co-axial movements that retail stores and boutiques show as salesman samples.

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 25, 2021

What kind of information?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2021

I’m guessing he means where to get the ones encased in plexiglass, I know of a few of them people have in collections but not many as I imagine they’re not cheap to make.

Telmond likes this.
  4. Telmond Mar 28, 2021

Yes exactly. Thanks dsio.

5. Caliber561 Mar 28, 2021

I've asked about one before, and my OB said that even if they could offer them for sale, they probably wouldn't because the cost is so prohibitive most would rather just buy a watch instead.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 28, 2021

It’d be the cost of the movement which I’m guessing Omega would charge 2-3K for at least MSRP, then while I’ve never seen someone do it to a movement, I know someone who had a flower from their wedding preserved in acrylic like that and it was about $500. If it were a fully exploded movement in a single block it would be an awful lot of money, if it were a multi-piece layered job, which is what Omega did with the Calibre 321s (and looked amazing) it would probably be a lot more, so yea a watch would likely be cheaper.

7. Telmond Mar 29, 2021

Did a search and only Omega caliber that came up was this:
    [​IMG]

8. Telmond Mar 29, 2021

There was however some by others brands:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Telmond Apr 2, 2021

8501 (2).jpg I found a picture. This is a beauty! I wonder how rare they are and where I can find one?
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 7, 2021